Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTengineer10

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been reading for a month or two and finally joined up. I'm currently in my last semester of college so I don't have a lot of money to throw at this (though I have probably already thrown more than I should).

I have made two extract batches with some added specialty grains. The first, a Bitter, has been bottled and all but 10 consumed. The next one, American IPA, should be put in a keg in the few days. I made the jump from bottling to kegging pretty quick.

Cheers

Welcome from Kennesaw.

Second batch and already kegging? Nice. wish I could make that same move that quick.

Kennesaw! I am from Acworth, I went to Kennesaw Mountain HS. Well the jump was helped by me finding a great deal on craigslist for everything I needed minus corny kegs. Hopefully I can get these cleaned and filled today or tomorrow.

Nice score on the Craigslist find. Been watching it myself lately for a ~5 cf chest freezer.
If you are ever back up this way and want to grab a beer let me know.

And Deezy.....Its actually GO TIGERS!!!!! (Clemson that is)

That sounds great. I really want to find someone that is doing an AG brew near me that I can observe as I want to jump up to that on my next batch. I know I am going too fast, but so far the results have all been good.

I kegged that IPA today. Everything went fine and it is so much faster than bottling. I need to get an auto siphon or something, we always waste a little beer trying to siphon. That isn't usually too big of a deal, but today the wasted beer ended up all over my leg.

I think by the end of the season you will both have it right, GO TECH!
But I can root for Clemson in most of their games this season, especially against Miami!

Im still doing mini mashes at this point so Im out for all grain. Been doing a ton of research on it, but I want to make sure I get all the little details set on minimashes before I make that jump.

But if you look at my intro thread Here you can see there are several others in the area that brew more than me.

Back