Hello team

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpume

Reaction score
Is it OK for me to re-use the bottles I used on my first batch for my second 1 ???

Yes sir. Just clean, and sanitize and bottle away. You can save your empties from the store as well- as long as they have the same size, pry off tops

The next question is how to clean the bottles. Brewers disagree on this. Many just clean with hot water after pouring. Palmer's How to Brew says "If you are diligent in rinsing your bottles promptly and thoroughly after each use with your homebrew, only the sanitizing treatment will be necessary before each use in the future. By maintaining clean equipment you will save yourself a lot of work." Others soak in OxiClean or other cleaner. The 2016 BYO article Cleaning & Sanitizing Bottles, Scaling Recipes: Mr. Wizard advocates using soap or other cleaner. I rinse with hot water, scrub with a bottle brush, and rinse again with a jet washer after pouring. It's your choice.

After each use, I rinse thoroughly with warm water, morning of botteling, I bust out the botttles, wash them with oxi clean and a brush, then I sanitize them. Very time consuming. 8 have thought about just doing the Rinse then Sanitizing and skipping the washing, but not sure.

Latest posts

Back