HELLO! Sestos D1S shutdown after temp reached... possible?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokingtable

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I bought a Sestos D1S VR 220 PID to control a kiln for firing tile. Yall seem to be the most knowledgeable on setting up the PID's, more than anywhere else I've seen on the internet, and after 8 hours, I cannot find a simple answer.....

I have a basic understanding of the D1S, but the only thing i cannot find is how to get it to completely shut off after making temp. It seems that most applications of the PID would need to shut down after a designated time at the set temp.

So, does the D1S ever shut off, or is its only function to forever maintain a preset temperature?

Thank you,
Jerimiah
www.heyemosaics.com

A PID Controller is meant to maintain a temperature closely. It should pulse the output attached to an ssr attached to your heating element on/off to hold a particular temperature set point. If your element isn't powerful enough to hold the temp set point you may be at 100% duty cycle and never pulse off and back on.
If you are talking about turning off after a certain amount of time, you will likely need a timer with relay outputs/timer relay. Sestos sells those too. It is a little unclear what you are asking.

Latest posts

Back