Hello, my name is John, and I'm addicted to brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ooompa Loompa

Reaction score
Yea, I think it's pretty much official. I've got 5 gallons of Russian Imperial Stout, 5 gallons of a New Belguim Frambozen Clone (basically a raspberry brown ale), and 2 gallons of hard cider brewing. That's 12 gallons of booze folks. But is that enough for me?? I guess not, because I can't stop thinking about my next batches. I just ordered enough ingredients for 3 more 5 gallon batches!!! It was just gonna be for two batches, but in order to get free shipping I needed to get my total order to $59. I was at $55, and I said, bah, what the heck, and ordered some more malt so I can do one more batch. That brought the total order to $68.

I also find myself hoarding hops. I had 7 oz in the freezer, but that wasn't enough, so last week I jumped onto freshhops.com and ordered another 12 oz. AND I NEVER USE MORE THEN 2 OZ IN A BATCH!!! I can't help myself though.

Oh, and I have some plans in my head for some wine once the cider is done brewing.

So, yea, my name is John, I'm addicted to brewing, and I'm loving every minute of it. Now if I could just drink it as quickly as I made it..........oh well, that's a problem I'm more then happy to have (and my freinds are happy with that problem as well cuz it usually means free brew for them).

I started 4 months ago. already going all grain and formulating my own recipes. my friends no longer want to brew with me becausse I am too anal about sanitation and time schedule..

My name is Ben....and I am addicted to Homebrewing...last week I bought 55lbs 2-row and 2 6.5gal carboys..and I only have a 16qt brew pot...help...I need help.. as in a bigger kitchen, brew pot, and fermentors.

My wife bought me a "home Brew Starter Kit" (bless her soul) for Xmas. Since that time, my brews and equipment have turned into this:

A Filemaker database with every single piece of information on every single step of every single brew.

17 completed brews, including 2 X 10 gallon batches and 1 X 6 Gallon batch of Apfelwein.

6 complete extract kits, ready to make when I have time (bought five on ebay REALLY cheap)

6 X Sanke 16 gallon kegs (one has been partially converted to a Keggle, and will be finished next week)

7 X Cornies

1 X 470 Litre Kegerator with Mashmaster digital temp controller (Holds 5 cornies, or 1 X Sanke and 2 X Cornies

2 X Swing Taps

10lb CO2 bottle and regulator, gas and beer lines etc.

1 X 300 Litre Lagerator with Mashmaster digital temp controller

90 X 750ML Bottles, 60 X PET 750ML Bottles

I have built a 24 Sq Metre pergola for use as an outdoor brewing kitchen, inclusive of a 3 metre long kitchen bench with 55 litre SS sink.

And I am just getting started!!!

But I wouldn't call myself and addict ;)

John I don't know how to break it to you, but your story is our story. We're all addicts. But admitting you have a problem is the first step to brewing lots of beer, or something like that. :D

PeteOz77 said:
My wife bought me a "home Brew Starter Kit" (bless her soul) for Xmas. Since that time, my brews and equipment have turned into this:

A Filemaker database with every single piece of information on every single step of every single brew.

17 completed brews, including 2 X 10 gallon batches and 1 X 6 Gallon batch of Apfelwein.

6 complete extract kits, ready to make when I have time (bought five on ebay REALLY cheap)

6 X Sanke 16 gallon kegs (one has been partially converted to a Keggle, and will be finished next week)

7 X Cornies

1 X 470 Litre Kegerator with Mashmaster digital temp controller (Holds 5 cornies, or 1 X Sanke and 2 X Cornies

2 X Swing Taps

10lb CO2 bottle and regulator, gas and beer lines etc.

1 X 300 Litre Lagerator with Mashmaster digital temp controller

90 X 750ML Bottles, 60 X PET 750ML Bottles

I have built a 24 Sq Metre pergola for use as an outdoor brewing kitchen, inclusive of a 3 metre long kitchen bench with 55 litre SS sink.

And I am just getting started!!!

But I wouldn't call myself and addict ;)

Holy Crap, since Xmas? as in Christmas '07, like less than 2 months ago?

You've got it BAD!

Hi, John!

I'm SK, and I'm a brewaholic. I started on a lark, with a little Mr Beer kit...and I figured I could stop at any time.

Now, a bucket kit, better bottle, and glass carboy later, I'm storing spare hops in my freezer and spare yeast in my fridge; I have stout yet to bottle, and am already have most of the goods to make a recipe I found here (Caramel Cream Ale). And I just ordered a Party Pig. I only started the weekend after Thanksgiving.

I'm loving every minute of it. ;)

ma2brew said:
Holy Crap, since Xmas? as in Christmas '07, like less than 2 months ago?

You've got it BAD!

Yeah, as in like 8 weeks ago :rockin:

BTW, I brewed another double batch of munich lager today, and will be brewing another 2 double batches later in the week.

Yeah, I have it bad...
I do have a LOT more friends dropping in to have a beer lately for some reason...

Latest posts

Back