Hello Im new and need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey hows people around here doing.

Me i been reading up on alot on threads and thought i would join.

I got a problem i got myself a "Barons beer kit Canada lager" and well it all went good but after i botted my beer and let it carbanate for 2 weeks Its got white sedament or something at the bottom of each beer and its got a cloud in the beer about hafe way up and than the rest is clear..?
when i move the beer all the white sedament gets mixed back up in the beer and makes it cloudy.

I dont know how to clear my beer im drinking it as i right this and it not to bad

but its all cloudy i cant see though it any help?

all the beer is in plactic bottles siting in my girlfrinds house at 24c" i just dont understand why it wont clear i took a fre of thim and put thim in my frige let thim sit and cool off when i was at work but when i got back It seemed like the white sedament dosent sit at the bottem but it stays mixed up when cold unlike when its it 24c" it all drops and clears but as soon as i move it Its cloudy

Help plz :D

Number 1 rule...relax...have a homebrew, and all will turn out good.
Some questions for ya.
How long did you ferment in primary? Secondary? Did it finish the ferment?
It's probably just that, sediment. It won't kill ya, but does make some good gas that may kill others. :) It is probably just spent yeast that got bottled.
A few more details about (aboot) your Canadian Ale, and we can set your mind at ease.:tank:

well i started off be ferment it for i think 2 weeks untill the G/R was where it shoud have been than secondary was 2 more weeks and yes it did fin ferment it cheacked it 3 days in a row nothing changed and yes when i was sifering it from 2edry to primary and than added the water with shuger when i was sifering it i ended up going right to the bottem of the carboy with that mold suff and took the beer right off the top it looked a little cloudy when i was doing it but thought it would be ok as lond as i dident take any of that sedment mold

Let the beer sit, you sucked up some sediment while transferring. It should be okay, and better with time. But I'd go with glass bottles if you can, they can hold a higher pressure in my opinion. Do one more thing though for us all, and don't take this personal, invest in a dictionary or use spell check, it's kinda hard to read your posts.:mug:

Cloud - it will settle and clear some in time - you siphoned a little close to the bottom - after a couple more weeks pour carefully and get mom or dad to taste it, since according to your sig you're just 19 years young...

one thing to add...

that stuff at the bottom is not "mold". It's just a pile of yeast soldiers, most of which have retired from active duty.

-walker

Thanks for the help it worked ...

:ban: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

And yes its all gone >.< lol time to make some more ..

any good beer kits out there that i shoud try ??

Latest posts

Back