Hello from Western Michigan!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandeg

Reaction score
Greetings from the Dutchiest part of the Michigan, I've been brewing with a Mr. Beer kit off and on, finally got a 6.5gal fermenter bucket and a colonna capper/corker that my dad's boss who was going to throw out for free(why they had this stuff at a airport hanger is beyond me, pilots like wine anyway) so still looking for equipment since I'm lacking in some areas, like a carboy and currently am using a lent out refractometer...

Anyways, I came across this site on many google searches and have been addicted to the search option. I love beer, everything from the lagers to the darkest ales possible, I want to brew my favorite ales like Bell's Oberon to German lagers... I constantly search for new beers to try, I'm a sucker for anything German, Dutch, or Belgian.

Right now I only have a batch of dunkelweise brewing that I started a week ago, hopefully in a week or so it will be bottled!

I hope to learn a lot, I know I already have and hope people will learn from myself too!

Didn't know homebrewing was legal in Byron Center! :cross:

Worked in Byron Center for about 7 years. When I was their the dutchiness was wearing off with all of the new people starting to move into the community. Lots of good people out there, to help balance things. Many are still friends of mine.

Good luck with your current batch.

thanks everyone! oh and homebrewing is legal here, sure you can't buy any alcohol on sunday (including cooking wine) but when you get your equipment super cheap then you get a waiver and your good to go!

Welcome. And I thought Holland was the dutch capital for MI. I grew up in Holland and now live in GR, just a few miles north of you. Have you checked out Siciliano's for your supplies? They are top notch.

Bruce

Welcome. And I thought Holland was the dutch capital for MI. I grew up in Holland and now live in GR, just a few miles north of you. Have you checked out Siciliano's for your supplies? They are top notch.

Bruce

Hello from Holland!!.....Born and raised here and yes it is still pretty Dutchie, however we can now buy beer, wine and alcohol on Sundays' :mug:
and we have our very own Home Brew Store now too.

Welcome!! I was born in Holland and moved to FLA when I was 15. I lived on 22nd right across from the Community Pool. Place has obviously changed since I lived there!!

Latest posts

Back