Hello from Virginia, USA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maett.gs

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just started home brewing this year. I started as a result of a failed experiment from my wife and started with making wine... So far I've made two wines and two beers with many more in the works! I've used a Robobrew for two of my beers and picked up a Blichmann BrewEasy 5 Gallon 120V and used that to make two more beers this past weekend. Luckily enough I have a fantastic home brew shop down the road from me and they've been absolutely awesome in helping me get set up. Looking forward to reading the forum and asking for help!

By the way, here are some pics from my brew days on Saturday and Sunday. Still trying to figure out the best way to organize everything. I think I might pick up a Command Stand from Blichmann and maybe their flow control manifold. Not sure what the benefits of the manifold are though. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated!

first_day.jpg

First day brewing. Just grabbed a table...

second_day.jpg

Second day brewing. Decided to use pallets to keep the system lower to the ground so I can mash in easier.
a
fermenter.jpg

Trying to cool down my wort so I could pitch yeast before going on vacation. Pardon the foot =)

Thanks!

Matt

Last edited:
Thanks all! Definitely jump right in but don't judge me based on the equipment... someone was getting out of the hobby and gave me a huge deal - did have to drive 12 hours to pick it up though!

Welcome buddy. Nice piece of kit ya got there! Why not show the Blichmann Therminator…..? Waiting to see a new glycol chiller addition - lol.

Cheers 🍻

Sweet rig! They say the brewing equipment doesn't guarantee you make good beer, but it looks like this at very least gives you a pretty convenient brew day, way to go all in!

Thanks a ton! I got really lucky to be honest! And I have to give props to the wife for giving me permission and joining me on a multiple day drive to pick up the equipment :rock: If you have any advice, I'm all ears! :D

Back