Hello from the east side burbs of St. Louis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveO44

Reaction score
I've already raided a few threads, but figured I'd better do the proper intro.

I'm pretty green to brewing, only done a few extract batches which turned out fine, but was encouraged into taking the plunge to all-grain.

Can't wait to brew my first batch and I've spent the past month or so assembling my setup; I've been known to start out overly ambitious.

I'm using 2 60qt. Igloo cubes for my MLT and HLT. I plan to fly sparge. I converted a 1/2 barrel into my keggle. Already feeling bad about the keggle though because I just hand cut the top out before I learned about the handy jigs people made to actually cut a circle instead of the bastardized version that I did.

This weekend I plan to make my immersion chiller with 1/2" refrigeration tubing.

In my prior batches I bottled, but bought a couple of cornies to learn how to start kegging. Already have my eye on craigslist for a big freezer to convert.

What else? I think I went overboard on the burner getting the banjo, but I'm tapped into a 500 gallon tank through the garage so I don't think I'll run out of gas. ;)

I'm basically waiting on a local club's bulk grain order to get my ingredients to attempt a pecan pie ale (folks own a pecan farm) so I'm very excited.

Also been reading "How to Brew" to learn more of the ins and outs of brewing.

Hello from Indiana! Sounds like you are diving right in! I'm building an immersion chiller this coming week myself. Good luck with your project and happy brewing!

Back