Hello from St. Louis!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybuzz

Reaction score
Hello beer lovers! My first batch, Queen's Quaff Honey Wheat, debuted to rave reviews over the weekend. I started with a honey wheat ingredient kit and added a pound of honey at the end of the boil. I'm a beekeeper so honey's gonna be a recurring theme. :)

I found homebrewtalk when I searched the web for guidance on carbonation. My next batch will be the same recipe plus some of my hand-picked blueberries, so I'll be searching the forum for advice on fruit.

My batch came up about 10 bottles short of plan, I broke two with the capping device, and I'm having a bit of trouble reading my hydrometer, so clearly I have a lot to learn. But I'm already loving this!
Honeybuzz

Welcome to the game!

It sounds like you have the technique down, but need to work on finesse! Your first batch sounds delicious. Have you thought of making mead since you have your own in-house source for honey?

Welcome Honeybuzz! Ive got family in Kirkwood. Just for the sake of curiosity do you sell honey commercially? What kind of honey do you produce?

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I have beekeeper friends who make mead, some very good (and some very bad!), but while I do drink both mead and wine, beer is more my speed, so at least for now I'm sticking to that.

I should correct my earlier post though. I started with a standard hefeweizen (no honey called for) and added honey to that.

ApexBrewWares, I used to live in Kirkwood, and my bees still do. My honey is available at Kirkwood Farmers' Market (I sell to the largest vendor there), in plastic bears with the brand "Sweet Harvest Honey". What's up there right now is early Spring honey, very light due to Black Locust.

Back