Hello from Southeast Alabama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legmaker

Reaction score
Hop Head here from Dothan, Alabama (southeast corner). Surprised to see all the Alabama home brewers here.

A friend of mine and I bought a brew kit (Midwest) and a 32qt stainless turkey fryer and burner (Amazon). We recently ordered the ingredients (AlaBrew) to make our first home brew, which will be an IPA. We are using fuggle and cascade, so I hope it turns out kind of like a Shipyard IPA with a little more fruity/florally flavor and aroma.

Tonight is Brew Night. Haven't even started yet, but we were just talking about doing a porter after I transfer the the secondary, lol.

Hop Head here from Dothan, Alabama (southeast corner). Surprised to see all the Alabama home brewers here.

A friend of mine and I bought a brew kit (Midwest) and a 32qt stainless turkey fryer and burner (Amazon). We recently ordered the ingredients (AlaBrew) to make our first home brew, which will be an IPA. We are using fuggle and cascade, so I hope it turns out kind of like a Shipyard IPA with a little more fruity/florally flavor and aroma.

Tonight is Brew Night. Haven't even started yet, but we were just talking about doing a porter after I transfer the the secondary, lol.

Welcome I'm up in bham area. Alabrew has good stuff. I used midwest for my kit. I hope you got the free dvd from midwest it's very helpfully. I'm assuming extract brew? Well let me know if you need something I'll be bottling tonight and be happy to help out if I can.

Heck, I am closer to Tallahassee than Bham.

I bought my ingredients kit from AlaBrew. Got the Fuggles IPA kit, which is actually a partial grain kit, but it was easy. We changed it up a bit and kind of made it our own. Swapped part of the fuggles for cascade and changed up the brew times, etc. Maybe call it fuggle-ade, lol. All I know is that it smelled wonderful and of course we both tasted a little and both of us have a good feeling about it.

Really impressed with how fast the wort cooled down by putting the brewpot in ice water. I have to order a couple of things to make it a little easier next time and I think we might start another batch in the next few weeks. It was fun.

Heck, I am closer to Tallahassee than Bham.

I bought my ingredients kit from AlaBrew. Got the Fuggles IPA kit, which is actually a partial grain kit, but it was easy. We changed it up a bit and kind of made it our own. Swapped part of the fuggles for cascade and changed up the brew times, etc. Maybe call it fuggle-ade, lol. All I know is that it smelled wonderful and of course we both tasted a little and both of us have a good feeling about it.

Really impressed with how fast the wort cooled down by putting the brewpot in ice water. I have to order a couple of things to make it a little easier next time and I think we might start another batch in the next few weeks. It was fun.

If you ever get over to Tallahassee. There is a good homebrew shop called the Homebrew Den. Really good folks. :D

Howdy from BFE, Alabama.

I kegged a Baltic Porter last night.
That puppy is gonna need to mellow in the keg for a few months.
It reminds me more of rocket fuel than Porter.

Homebrew Den... Sounds good. I can get to Tallahassee in about 1.5 Hours, so I might have to check that out one day.

BFE Alabama? I see it is East Central... like Alex City?

I think we will start our next brew May first for Brew Day.

just wanted to update and say that my first brew turned out incredible

used raw cane sugar for the priming and didn't add any odd flavors so we will be doing that in the future as well

perfect carbonation

Welcome, from a fellow newbie

Missed your intro earlier. I lived in Krazo (Ozark) for a couple of years and worked down at the Dothan airport. I'm up around Gadsden/Birmingham now.

Latest posts

Back