Hello from San Francisco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from San Francisco!

Just started homebrewing about six months ago but I'm trying to carry on a family tradition. Turns out my maternal grandmother was raised on a hop farm, and she ended up teaching my dad how to brew. He taught his brothers, one of whom runs a HB store now.

Just started a barleywine on Sunday and already the airlock got jammed full of wort (I think the high gravity creates a great environment for yeast.) This happened once before when I made a belgian ale so I did a blowoff tube again. But this time around I hooked up a webcam so I can monitor from work!

edit: removed link because crisis averted so I took down the cam

Hello from San Francisco!

Just started homebrewing about six months ago but I'm trying to carry on a family tradition. Turns out my maternal grandmother was raised on a hop farm, and she ended up teaching my dad how to brew. He taught his brothers, one of whom runs a HB store now.

Just started a barleywine on Sunday and already the airlock got jammed full of wort (I think the high gravity creates a great environment for yeast.) This happened once before when I made a belgian ale so I did a blowoff tube again. But this time around I hooked up a webcam so I can monitor from work!

Justin.tv - fermenter :D

That's cool! But, it's kind of like watching beer ferment!

Hillarious! Leave it up to you "West Coast" guys to come up with high-tech ways to monitor your fermenting beers!! Love it. San Fran is one of the most amazing places I've ever been to. Welcome to the boards!

Joel at Corvallis Brewing Supply?

Crap, busted! :eek:

Hillarious! Leave it up to you "West Coast" guys to come up with high-tech ways to monitor your fermenting beers!! Love it. San Fran is one of the most amazing places I've ever been to. Welcome to the boards!

Hey now, we locals prefer San Francisco. Don't know where this "San Fran" is ;)

I guess it is rather high-tech... sort of like a "baby-cam". Actually, not sort of, it is!

Welcome,

The wife and I were in San Francisco for a few days in January.
1st time for either of us, but it won't be the last. We both fell in love with the place.

Latest posts

Back