Hello from Arizona

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissingLink

Reaction score
So... I always knew this was a hobby that would run away with me. Turns out, I was right. Understand that I am the type of person who needs more ways to divide my time like an extra hole in my head.

It all started in February. There it was. The last Mr. Beer kit my supermarket has marked way way down to $14 and put on clearance. The last remnant of a '''gifts for Dad" Christmas market. I picked it up and put it in the cart.

Dodging looks from my wife by simply pointing to the clearance price we checked out and took home my first fermentation vessel. Unfortunately. That malt extract session IPA turned out pretty dang good. I was left with only an appreciation for the craft and to wonder what else could be done with my little brown fermenter.

Fast forward 4 short months and I have several sizes of glass carboys bubbling. A giant pot that is unusable for anything but brewing. A repurposed wine cooler just for fermentation. My own corner of the kitchen to house and concoct my creations. Even the tell tail collection of eclectic bottles with even more varied substances 'conditioning' in my closet.

I've come to depend on the wisdom found here in this forum. To support my habit. Today I decided to face this fact and create a account and end my lurking by posting.

"Hello, my name is ____ and I am a homebrewer"

Hi MissingLink...

Welcome to HBT!
If you think brewing is an addiction, beware, hanging out on HBT can be just as good.

That giant pot could double up for making large batches of soup or stock. You do need to clean and degrease it thoroughly afterward, but I never had any trouble with it.

So... I always knew this was a hobby that would run away with me. Turns out, I was right. Understand that I am the type of person who needs more ways to divide my time like an extra hole in my head. Howdy from L.A,California

It all started in February. There it was. The last Mr. Beer kit my supermarket has marked way way down to $14 and put on clearance. The last remnant of a '''gifts for Dad" Christmas market. I picked it up and put it in the cart.

Dodging looks from my wife by simply pointing to the clearance price we checked out and took home my first fermentation vessel. Unfortunately. That malt extract session IPA turned out pretty dang good. I was left with only an appreciation for the craft and to wonder what else could be done with my little brown fermenter.

Fast forward 4 short months and I have several sizes of glass carboys bubbling. A giant pot that is unusable for anything but brewing. A repurposed wine cooler just for fermentation. My own corner of the kitchen to house and concoct my creations. Even the tell tail collection of eclectic bottles with even more varied substances 'conditioning' in my closet.

I've come to depend on the wisdom found here in this forum. To support my habit. Today I decided to face this fact and create a account and end my lurking by posting.

"Hello, my name is ____ and I am a homebrewer"

welcome.

Don't know where you are at in AZ, but I lived down in the Sierra Vista area and was a member of a great local home brew club.. If you are in the Tombstone/Sierra Vista area i can hook you up with some POC's to help get you going forward in the hobby.

welcome.

Don't know where you are at in AZ, but I lived down in the Sierra Vista area and was a member of a great local home brew club.. If you are in the Tombstone/Sierra Vista area i can hook you up with some POC's to help get you going forward in the hobby.

I'm up in east valley, have been wondering if there were any clubs worth checking out here.

welcome.

Theres a club in Vista now? Figures, I leave and that place gets up to speed

I knew quite a few brewers, but never did the social brewing thing. Oh well, good on you guys.

I almost opened a place there three myself before finally giving up and moved out. City was an absolute pain to get anything rezoned twice, and then PC is a stubborn, greedy old man :)

Latest posts

Back