Hello from Northern California

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breweasy

Reaction score
I’ve been a member for a while but this my first post. I’ve been brewing for about 4 years and my current setup is a 10 gallon mash tun connected to a 1 gallon hop back I converted to rims using a 1600 watt coil and a 120v controller. I then use a 15 gallon BK with a propane burner. I would love to go full electric but move a lot and don’t always have access to 240v.

These forums have been a lot of help over the years so I figured I’d introduce myself finally and start contributing.

Welcome from Oakdale, Ca (hour south of Sac). Just joined today myself, been visiting for quite a while and now can hopefully contribute back. Cheers!

Welcome from just south of Sacramento. I have family near Santa Rosa.
If interested about 240v while being able to move places, it can be done. I moved 3 times before landing here and brewed on 240 each place.

Welcome from just south of Sacramento. I have family near Santa Rosa.
If interested about 240v while being able to move places, it can be done. I moved 3 times before landing here and brewed on 240 each place.

Tell me more, I would love go to a complete electric, my issue is the only 240 outlet I usually have is for a dryer, and i don’t want to use that outlet as I usually have my set up in a different location.

Tell me more, I would love go to a complete electric, my issue is the only 240 outlet I usually have is for a dryer, and i don’t want to use that outlet as I usually have my set up in a different location.
The places I lived had electric ranges/ovens. I tapped into that outlet and brewed in the kitchen.
One place had an outlet dryer in the garage so I brewed there.
I just made a box out of a spa panel and a heavy duty selector switch. It allowed me to keep the main appliance plugged up (range or dryer) and flip the switch to brew.

Latest posts

Back