Hello from Minnesota

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Probably_Confused

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm a Home Brewer from the Twin Cities, Minnesota area. I've done a handful of extract batches, some better than others, and am currently working on my set-up to start some AG brewing. I've certaintly been getting better, but also have some nagging problems that I hope this community can help me diagnose (I'll go into those later on a more appropriate forum). I've also been blown away by some of the DIY projects presented on this site. I had an idea for a DIY project that I'm really excited about, then I come here and see all the marvelous stuff built... Well, my idea doesn't seem so impressive anymore. It doesn't mean I won't do it, just that I now realize how much further I can go.

SG

I'd try and get to the Town Hall Brewery. My favorite brewpub in town. It's near campus so you might have to deal with the college kids, but the beer's worth it. Their Masala Mama IPA is fantastic, and they have two seasonal Wee Heavies on tap right now that are very worth it. That's in Minneapolis though, maybe too far out of your way.

Barley John's Brewpub is closer, and I've heard great things but haven't been there myself.

It's too bad you're not coming on a Friday. The Surly Brewing Company is in Brooklyn Center, one of the better local Breweries. Unfortunately they don't have an on site pub, and they only do tours on Friday's.

Back