Hello from Minnesota/Iraq

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougugly

Reaction score
It is about time I introduce myself I have been frequenting this site for a year now. I have been home brewing a little over a year, and it has quickly become the best hobby I have ever had. I have also learned quite a bit about my wifes patients since joining the Homebrew community.
I am a Sergeant in the Army and currently deployed in Iraq. When I have some downtime I am usually on the net, emailing family and checking out the beer websites. I have found Homebrewtalk to be the one I spend the most time on. The Forums are great and I have spent countless hours trying to soak in the knowledge on the DIY threads. I am lining up all kinds of recipes to do in the future. I get back to Minnesota in the spring of 2010. I plan on building a brew stand and doing some all grain brews. I also want to get in a local Homebrew club.
Thanks in advance for all of your constructive criticism on my future posts.
Cheers,
Doug

Doesn't it make you thirsty? I've heard that US forces aren't allowed a drop on deployment? I'll have one for you!

Stay safe!

Stay safe over there and make sure you continue to use your downtime in something you enjoy (surfing the net, using the gym, or just vegging) or you'll go crazy. I rolled through a FOB over near Mosul and some guys got busted there for brewing some crazy crap in a wash machine. So be smart.... if you ever get the opportunity to do any travel down south into Kuwait try to hit up the embassy. They have a bar and a package store on location... so ask your command for some State Department security training so its a weekend vacation down!

I'll have a beer with you in spirit till you get back man! In the meantime stay positive, safe and show anyone who shows you disrespect some AMERICAN LOVE!

Thank You! Yeah, I have to wait. Abstaining from beer always makes me appreciate it more when I get home. Keeping busy is key. I Deployed with my LHBS catalog, and have been sharing what I know about Homebrewing with my team.

Welcome and thanks for serving. Did my time on subs. Only had to worry about undersea mounts and bad navigation. We didn't have any beer either.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. From what I understand our boys are keeping it dry, so to speak, in Afghanistan too; normally Canadians are allowed two a day, but out of respect for local custom i guess... Keeps you sharp though. Thanks for your service, it's an important job!

Back