Hello from Marietta, GA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretsforlife

Reaction score
My name is Ray, and I'm a Home Brewoholic...

I guess I should start with my earliest memories.... Ive been living here just outside Atlanta for the past 4 and a half years. I am originally a New Englander. Born and raised in western Massachusetts. Go RED SOX, Go PATRIOTS!

My sister called from a CVS and said they had Mr. Beer seasonal closeouts for 15 bucks. She bought 2, and gave one to me. I had so much fun with it that I went to a local HB store to buy a small fermenter to get a couple Mr. Beer batches going simultaneously. I didnt know what i was in for. I came home with a 5 gallon premium kit and started my first batch. Then another, then another. Since then I have become obsessed. A friend of mine caught the disease from me and bought the same setup. Now his brother and brother in law are slowly taking interest. Is there a cure for this?! please help... :eek:

Welcome! Start saving your money cause you'll be upgrading your equipment over the rest of your brewing career. Be smart with your initial purchases. Search for advice on the forum and ask if you don't find it.

I know I spent a lot more money upgrading incrementally instead of just going big from the start.

Hello from Cartersville.... up north a bit. I work in the marietta area (285 & 75 at the Galleria) wewt!!!

My name is Ray, and I'm a Home Brewoholic...

I guess I should start with my earliest memories.... Ive been living here just outside Atlanta for the past 4 and a half years. I am originally a New Englander. Born and raised in western Massachusetts. Go RED SOX, Go PATRIOTS!

My sister called from a CVS and said they had Mr. Beer seasonal closeouts for 15 bucks. She bought 2, and gave one to me. I had so much fun with it that I went to a local HB store to buy a small fermenter to get a couple Mr. Beer batches going simultaneously. I didnt know what i was in for. I came home with a 5 gallon premium kit and started my first batch. Then another, then another. Since then I have become obsessed. A friend of mine caught the disease from me and bought the same setup. Now his brother and brother in law are slowly taking interest. Is there a cure for this?! please help... :eek:

There is no known cure. Listen to the Delbert McClinton song "Got to Get it Worked on". He knows!

Hey frets! I am right up the road in Jasper. Have you checked out the groups area in your profile. There is a group for atlanta brewers and a brew club, though I have not met any of them yet. (group buys to feed the obsession!)

Hey frets! I am right up the road in Jasper. Have you checked out the groups area in your profile. There is a group for atlanta brewers and a brew club, though I have not met any of them yet. (group buys to feed the obsession!)

Nice! I think i did some wor up that way a while back..I did check out the groups briefly, and will look into it a little more once i get the hang of things and KNOW what i might want to get in on as far a group buys.

Welcome, have a 420 draft for me, ever visit the Sweetwater brewery?

Ahhh the Sweetwater brewery. Excellent brew. I used to go there EVERY Thursday for the fest/tour. Those were great times. It went from 4:20 to around 7:30ish and you could drink as much as you wanted. However, all the local bars started to complain that SW was stealing their happy hour business. They all threatened to pull SW from their inventory so SW backed down. Now when you go there, you have 45 minutes to choke down your beer before they close the doors. what a gyp!

Latest posts

Back