HELLO from Jonesborough, Tennessee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyDog

Reaction score
Just moved to this beautiful Southeastern Tennessee town from White Bear Lake , Minnesota this spring and love it here. My family had given me my brewing kit as a present some time ago and I never got around to using it. When the movers were unpacking the stuff I saw all the boxes sitting there and got the bug to get going.

My son had just told me about a brewing party he went to at his boss' house and he gave me some of the Honey Weis he brewed and then bought me my first two kits for Christmas. What a great son!

I'm an I.T. Manager in Johnson City and have been in the I.T. business for 25 years now. My main hobby is traveling and sightseeing with my wife on our Harley's. I guess I will now have something to do when I'm not riding.

I look forward to gaining knowledge about brewing from all the experienced folks here and hopefully can give something back.

Welcome to HBT, I hope the Harley riding can compete cuz brewing is like crack.

Welcome to the asylum!

Your intro caught my eye as I'm looking at taking a job in Johnson City! I lived there for 4 years (95-99) and love the area!

We also ride, too...distance sport-touring is our thing...but it's all good!

Nice to know that if I move, I'll have some homebrew pals nearby!

I'm a couple of hours north of you on I-81, found any local Home Brew Shops down that way? The nearest I can find are a very small one in Roanoke, several in Asheville & Knoxville

I'm a couple of hours north of you on I-81, found any local Home Brew Shops down that way? The nearest I can find are a very small one in Roanoke, several in Asheville & Knoxville

I live about 1.5 hours north in VA and the closest homebrew shop I've found in the area is in Blountville, TN. It's called Countryside Vineyards and Winery. They have decent prices on kits, equipment, and grain, but his malt extract prices are a little high. Their website isn't set up yet but their phone number is listed: Coming Soon

Latest posts

Back