Hello from Japan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tachinomia

Reaction score
Hello all,

As you probably would have guessed I live in Japan... although I am not japanese but french, go figure. I have been living here for a few years now and as an alsacian, from the Alsace region in France, I like my beer. I do not drink a lot of beer because one has to take care of the wine too, but I just got fed-up with the swill that usually passes for beer here.

Of course you can find decent beer almost everywhere if the price is no object, considering this I am not prepared to spend the price of two meals on beer. Therefore I decided to start brewing my own and invested in BIAB.

So far I have not been wildly successful, only 10 brews under my belt, mainly because I do not know my setup well enough yet but it's improving. I do not have the possibility to brew lagers due to temp control restrictions so I am focusing on ales. First try was actually with W3470 and ended up with a stuck fermentation...

Currently fermenting a, hopefully, nice american pale ale, will see how it turns out...

Anyways, glad to be here, cheers,

T

Great region of France to be from! & we have plenty of folks to help you with your beer & set-up problems, questions, etc. I like using WL029 kolsch yeast for what I call hybrid lagers. It's sweet spot is 65-69F, so you can get a nice lager-like ale with it. It gives a very lager-like balance with a bit of crispness on the back. We have a lot of member recipes by category posted as well. So check those out for recipes that'll work in your particular situation. :mug:

Back