Hello from Issaquah for those who haven't met me yet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveHoward

Reaction score
I've recently moved to Issaquah, WA. Before that, I was in San Francisco for almost 6 years. I grew up in NE Oklahoma, but have lived in a lot of places, including 2 times living in Korea.

The move to Issaquah brought me in contact with all those blackberries. I loved blackberries growing up, and am a compulsive hunter-gatherer. My wife of 26 years now also loves that. We picked blackberries this year until we couldn't eat any more, made jams and jellies, then I got the bright idea to make blackberry wine. That was my start, and my hunger to learn brought me to this forum.

I made a lot of mistakes with the first batch of wine, and am getting better. I now have 3 batches making. While I'm waiting, and my patience is running thin, I'm looking at what's next. The apple harvest has me interested, as does the fantastic peaches and concord grapes in the Korean markets.

And since I absolutely love amber, red and brown ales, and stouts, I have a brew/winemaking plan for longer than I have patience I'm sure :).

I've asked a lot of noob questions, and I know I'll have a lot more. There are a lot of helpful people here, so I'm probably here to stay ... maybe one day I'll know enough to be able to help the new crop of newbies coming onto the forum.

Back