Hello from Irvine, Ca!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gmrpr7

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Beginner here going to UC Irvine. I'm currently waiting for my second batch (Coopers Wheat) to finish fermenting. My friends didn't believe me when I told them the beer they were drinking was made by me haha. Looking forward to learning and brewing a lot with the help of this site. If all goes well I plan on upgrading my setup to accommodate a partial mash at full boil (AG still seems like too much) This seems like the kind of hobby that you can never get tired of since there's so many methods, recipes, ingredients, etc to making beer.

Oh and after thinking I had a stuck fermentation on this brew, then finding out my fermentation was just really fast, I think I finally trust the golden rule of homebrew...RDWHHB. :mug:

Welcome to HBT! Looks like you are well on your way to making this an obsesssion! :D

Welcome to HBT and welcome to the obsession! I lived near UCI some years ago... in an apartment complex called Turtle Creek or something (I was in the Marines and worked on Tustin when it was still open).

Check with your Home Owner's Association. Last I heard, you could only make white wines in Irvine and only third Tuesdays, in stainless steel fermenters facing north by northwest.

Probably not a problem at the U.

menschmaschine: Do you mean Turtle Rock? I've heard of that place, but never been. It's kinda infamous for all the people who go smoke on a nearby hill. Don't know if it's the same.

David: LOL, Irvine would have a rule like that. The other day I was walking to class and a cop gave someone a ticket for J-walking...on campus!!!

Back