Hello from Iowa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iasteeler

Reaction score
I got tired of the bland taste of the big beers, and started drinking all of the microbrews. I remembered a friend years ago used to brew his own and it was very good. I started hinting about trying it and my wife got me a Mr. Beer for Christmas. Just about ready to bottle my first batch and already planning a bigger system, leaning towards a HEARMS system. Would you advise to stay with the Mr Beer for a while or jump in with both feet?

I got tired of the bland taste of the big beers, and started drinking all of the microbrews. I remembered a friend years ago used to brew his own and it was very good. I started hinting about trying it and my wife got me a Mr. Beer for Christmas. Just about ready to bottle my first batch and already planning a bigger system, leaning towards a HEARMS system. Would you advise to stay with the Mr Beer for a while or jump in with both feet?

Go for it. I am back and forth from Oregon to Des Moines every month and I must be spoiled by the many craft and micro brews available out here. Couldn't find a good IPA to save my life! My next attempt will be a Clone of Widmer Drop Top ale. Expand your horizons!

Back