Hello From GA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffk14

Reaction score
New to the board. Been brewing off and on (mostly off) for 20 years. I'm all about quick and easy. HATED sanitizing with bleach in the old days. Rinsing and such. Ordered some iodophor for sanitizing. Should make things easier. Just ordered the Cooper's Microbrewery. I like the idea of bottling right out of the fermenter (I know, I know). I hate racking too. Did I mention I like easy?

Anyway, hello to all. Not looking to win any contests, just want some "better-than-store-bought" beer for cheap.

I'm outside of McDonough. Originally from Middle GA. Hey Buckhuntr, I see you're in Tulsa. I spent a little over a year there (Claremore) back in '86 and '87. Nice country & folks, but too cold in the winter. Hey Brewiz, you're in Stockbridge huh? You're just right up the road. Small world.:mug:

Not much colder here than in the Georgia mountains in winter, really. Climate is about the same, except less rain out here (most years).

I'm outside of McDonough. Originally from Middle GA. Hey Buckhuntr, I see you're in Tulsa. I spent a little over a year there (Claremore) back in '86 and '87. Nice country & folks, but too cold in the winter. Hey Brewiz, you're in Stockbridge huh? You're just right up the road. Small world.:mug:

Well then we need to hook up and drink a few.

Well then we need to hook up and drink a few.
My Cooper's kit will be in next week. I'm about 6 or 7 weeks out from having a batch ready to drink, but when I get a batch, we'll do it! I looked at your pics. Looks like you're one of those advanced (all grain) dudes. Maybe I'm not in your league. :mug:

man ive been brewing a some total of 8 months and im on my third all grain batch. brew a little with extracts get the feel for read like hell look for advice here and make the plunge its not all that hard.

My Cooper's kit will be in next week. I'm about 6 or 7 weeks out from having a batch ready to drink, but when I get a batch, we'll do it! I looked at your pics. Looks like you're one of those advanced (all grain) dudes. Maybe I'm not in your league. :mug:

There is no league, we all make beer, some just do it differently....

man ive been brewing a some total of 8 months and im on my third all grain batch. brew a little with extracts get the feel for read like hell look for advice here and make the plunge its not all that hard.

Like chris said it doesn't have to take a long time to go all grain. A buddy of mine was helping me and he went straight to it. I will be kegging tomorrow and brewing next weekend, come on by.

Back