Hello from GA Soon to be TN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednekhippiemotrcyclfreak

Reaction score
Hey all, been lurking for a while, like the site, lots of good info. I am nigh on retirement and hoping to start home brewing as my next hobby. Right out of the box I need some help. I just happened upon some kegs and need a little help with ID. What kind of keg is this Unknown Keg and can I use it for homebrew? It is about 9.5 inches in diameter and 23 inches tall. Can anyone tell me what hardware I might need to keg and tap my homebrew? Thanks for your help and hope to be talking to some of you soon.

welcome aboard!
I havent messed around much with kegging so i cant help you with that. but im sure there are plenty of people on here that can answer your question

me 2
newbie here
zippo.bmp

Looks like a small sanke style keg (standard commercial style). havent started kegging yet just sounds right for that. You are definitely going to need special equipment for it but wasn't isn't special in this area? Haha... And welcome. Where about in GA you at now?

Yep, that is a 5 gallon keg with a Sanke type connector. Click here for a good thread on how to take that badboy apart and fill it with delicious brew.

And welcome to the forums! :D

Thanks for the help, especially the link to the Sanke info. I am currently just Southeast of Atlanta in the McDonough/Stockbridge area. I will be moving just north of Nashville in a couple of months when I retire ((yahooo!!).:ban:

Back