Hello from Dublin, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonT

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, long time reader (lurker), only posted a few times.
I thought I'd introduce myself as I'm starting an electric 3v system build shortly. I hope to start and keep up a build thread to get advise and let you good folks poke holes in my plans. But first, some background....
I started brewing back in the early eighties with my brother. We just did extract and steeped some grains a few times. We really didn't know what we were doing and it showed. The beer was terrible...lol. We bottled it, of course. We had no real temp control and had all kinds of off flavors... it was barely drinkable. I gave up after a couple of years.
Fast forward to the craft beer revolution... A few years ago I decided I wanted to try again. Started doing some research on here, talked to the folks at my LHBS, and decided on a grainfather and to keg it. Also I knew I needed good temp control so I built a fermentation chamber out of a mini fridge. Got a used full size fridge and plumbed it for CO2 and installed taps in the side. I wanted to fix all the mistakes we made. I've also been refining my process step by step. Now my beer is good.

Welcome, from Los Altos. Looks like you have a homebrew store nearby! You should be able to get helpful advice from the folks there, which it sounds like you've already done!

Glad to hear your brews are getting better!

Cheers!

Welcome from Folsom. Your in the one of the golden zones for breweries and homebrew shops in California. Look forward to reading the progress of your build.

Welcome from Folsom. Your in the one of the golden zones for breweries and homebrew shops in California. Look forward to reading the progress of your build.

Haha I grew up in Folsom! No shortage of breweries and homebrew culture around there either!

Thanks guys! I should be starting the build soon. I'll post a thread detailing my plans before long... interested getting the opinion of the hive mind!

Back