Hello from CT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marek

Reaction score
Hey all, my names Mark and I love to brew :mug: I've only done it a few times and I already love it. I've only done one recipe so far, and I'm still trying to perfect it. Can't wait to learn more on here.

Welcome to HBT. Lots of good advice to be found here.

I'll be in your neck of the woods tomorrow (West Hartford / Farmington). It's a nice place to visit, but I need to find someplace local with a decent beer selection.

I'm from Fairfield County, about an hour and a half from NYC.

I've tried brewing an ale that I found the recipe for on instructables.com, needless to say it has never came out good at all.

Is there anyone who can point me in the direction of a good easy beginner recipe? It'd be very much appreciated.

Mark

Welcome to the forum Mark!

If the recipie hasn't turned out good, I'm gonna guess it's a bad recipie. There are plenty of easy extract recipies in the Recipie Database. Just choose the style and look for a post with the "Extract" tag. Your LHBS owner should also be able to help you. I'd suggest doing one with steeping grains, it's not too difficult but it really adds character to the beer that you just don't get with the extract.

You should check out Maltose Express in Monroe. They have lots of clone recipe kits of commercial beers. The owners wrote a few recipe books and all of their kits are taken directly from those recipes

Thanks!

c.n.budz I've been to Maltose Express, but last time I was there they were moving down the road, do you know if they have finish there move yet?

I plan on trying a full AG brew next weekend :tank:

Maltose is my LHBS and I love the place. Extremely helpful and supportive. The move takes place the second week of August. That's what I was told on my Thursday trip there.

And welcome from another Nutmegger who's fairly new here.

Welcome to HBT!

Maltose is my supplier too. I was just there last week (7-15-08) and they were still in the same location.

If you're looking for some good beers in the Hartford area, check out Cambridge House up by Bradley Airport.

Back