Hello from Connecticut-first all grain tomorrow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubbsjp

Reaction score
Hey there I'm Jon from Connecticut. I am diving RIGHT in to brewing going all grain right from the start. My first brew is tomorrow morning and to be quite honest, I am a bit nervous! Trying to get all my ducks in a row and I'm just gonna get at it and see what happens. Any last pieces of advice? I got Beersmith running and I think I'm good to go.

3 Floyd's Zombie Dust
5 gallon batch recipe taken off this site.
Cooler Mash Tun
Spike Brewing Kettle with sight glass( got for my birthday which is today!)
Batch sparging
Primary and secondary fermenting set up

Any last pieces of advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Happy Birthday! The only, and best piece of advice I can give you is Relax, Don't Worry, and Have a Home Brew (or in your case a micro brew). Good luck and welcome to the obsession...errr hobby. :mug:

My advice is don't overthink it; don't have plans for immediately afterwards; successive batches WILL run more smoothly; plan on about 3 hours longer than you expect - that way when you finish early you can really proud of yourself :D; and maybe have a pound of extra light DME on hand in case your miss your gravity by a long ways (if you don't use it for this then it will always be used in starters).

MOST IMPORTANTLY, have fun!!

Happy B Day Chub :mug:

I would suggest writing everything down as you go. Times, temps, beer you’re drinking while brewing. You want records to make that exact beer again or to figure out what you could do better for the next batch. Good luck

Where in CT? I’m in Middlebury. Putting a 3 keg system together now.

Thanks for the bday wishes guys. I am in Wethersfield. Can't wait to get the first batch under my belt. I'd love to see your system someday!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Take copious notes on every little thing, it will come in handy later. Def relax and don't sweat it. It really isn't as complicated as it seems to be before you do it.

You're welcome anytime. :mug:

Heading to my plumber/welder house today. He just informed me he has a thousand or so foot of 1/2" SS tubing. Going tho have him make all the piping n wort chiller out of it. Now I just needs to figure out my frame.:ban:

Wethersfield!! I am in Berlin!! I am also diving right into all grain! I am building a Brutus 10! We should get together and brew a batch!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Perfect guys! I'm down. The brutus 10 is a monster I'd love to check that out! I'm certainly down for a CT brew day. I've been messaging with another member from Willimantic who is into it as well. I was thinking we brew beers with our own equipment at a location and help eachother out/process things together/check out eachother's setups....etc...

Also, my brew day went pretty well for the first time! I took a few notes and a pre-boil gravity reading, just forgot post boil reading. Going to wait another week to take a gravity reading when I add the dry hops. Thanks for the encouragement guys.

I agree!! I am new to Ct. Well 2years new. I have lived in Cali my whole life. And decided to start brewing because I can't get my favorite beers out here on the east coast. I would love to meet up and brew. To learn and get different prospectives on the process.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Back