Hello from Cleveland, OH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTownBrewer

Reaction score
I've been researching on these boards for the better part of a year now & figured it was about time to introduce myself...

I'm actually from Berea & have two brews under my belt already. It would be more, but I just got married in June so the budget is kinda tight right now. In the meantime, I've been creating recipes to brew in the near future...12 to date to be exact. So far, the two brews I made were extract versions...Dejhop Vu Imperial IPA (which came out way too bitter) & Deez Nuts Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout (which I got an honorable mention for in the 2010 Son of Brewzilla competition).

I'm looking to get into some PM recipes soon. I'd love to try all-grain, but I only have a crappy electric stove right now, so achieving a full boil is incredibly difficult. Up next is my Sidekick American IPA, brewed in dis-honor of LeBron James. I'm not using any Cascade hops in this one, since they are widely believed to be the "superstar" hop for IPAs. I'll be brewing my Hopocalypse Barleywine shortly after that so I can use the existing yeast cake from the IPA.

That's about it for now...

Cheers :mug:

Glad to see other Brewers from the area. I'm from Stongsville (and used to live in Brook Park), but unfortunately, my job has taken me to Montery, CA. Take care and cheers to beers.

Go Bucks!

-SirCaptain

Glad to see other Brewers from the area. I'm from Stongsville (and used to live in Brook Park), but unfortunately, my job has taken me to Montery, CA. Take care and cheers to beers.

Go Bucks!

-SirCaptain

I love it out there in Montery. SWMBO & I went to Cali in June for our honeymoon & traveled up the coast from San Diego to Frisco hitting Coronado Brewing, Stone, Firestone-Walker, & Russian River along the way...awesome trip for sure!

Welcome, my SWMBO is from Ashtabula we spend a lot of time up your way, lots of good beer in n/ne Ohio.

Cheers

Welcome, my SWMBO is from Ashtabula we spend a lot of time up your way, lots of good beer in n/ne Ohio.

Cheers

Have you checked out Fat Head's Brewery in North Olmstead? Their Head Hunter IPA is the best beer I've ever had! It's winning national awards already & they've only been open for a couple years. Matt Cole is an awesome brewer & makes a ton of great beers...the type of guy who will take the time out of his day to chat with you about his beers, home brews, or whatever.

That's my Fat Heads' plug for the day...:mug:

Back