Hello from Brooklyn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanJ

Reaction score
I've been reading these forums on and off for a few months and finally decided to register.

Like many, I have been a Mr. Beer user for a few years, and finally upgraded this into a real hobby, and got a bunch of equipment better equipment.

I just brewed my first batch of extract and partial mash last night, so I'm super excited to see how it turns out. Fermentation started within 6 hours, and it's going strong. OG was perfect, in the middle at .050 for this Nut Brown Ale from True Brew. Lets see how it turns out.

Anyhow, I hope to be around for a while, and learn as much as I can. Such a fun hobby with edible results. I enjoy cooking, so this fits right in... just not the easiest in a small NYC sized kitchen, or an apartment with no temperature regulation or closet space. :eek:

Welcome! Where in Brooklyn? I was in Bensonhurst for 4 years before we bought a house in Central Jersey. Kids will do that to you...

Helllllloooooooooo Brooooooooooooooooooklynnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!

(a la Beastie Boys)
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Welcome!

Thanks all. I'm in Park Slope "South", aka Gowanus.

I actually live within 4 blocks from Brooklyn Homebrew, it's a great place, and I've been multiple times :)

Welcome to the BK. Make sure to stop by our local breweries: Brooklyn Brewery, Keslo, Sixpoint, and across the river Chelsea brewery.

Back