Hello from BC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willibauer

Reaction score
Hey all,

Glen from British Columbia, Canada here. Out on Vancouver Island.

Started home brewing about a year ago with a Northern Brewer Deluxe kit. I'm a couple batches in now and I think I'm hooked. Made an Irish Ale, and a Cream Ale so far. Looking to try a nice Chocolate Salted Porter for the winter months, just waiting for my fermentation area in my house to cool down another 5 or 6 degrees.

No real problems so far, both beers turned out wonderfully. Both were extract kits so not a lot to go wrong if you follow the instructions and keep things clean.

Been lurking around this forum for a while now, thought I'd post a little welcome.

Cheers,
Glen

Welcome to HomeBrewTalk. Look around, read up on things, ask questions. There's a lot of information and expertise around here.

Brew on :mug:

Welcome to the forum, from Long Island NY. I was fortunate enough to visit Vancouver Island a few years ago. Loved the scenery. If you want to get into all grain, BIAB is not too involved, and not a lot of equiptment to upgrade. Cheers!

Welcome from the mainland! Just to let you know, extract is a gateway addiction that possibly leads to Partial Mash and even All grain.

Welcome. The nice thing about brewing is it can be as complex as you want it. I started on extracts and decided to expand into all grain, but extract makes some great tasting beers.

Since you're already up there, can you put those fires out? They are starting to stink up the joint ;)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, from Minnesota!

Good that you're thinking about managing ferm temps--it's sooo important. That will help you make better beer, and you'll be ahead of the curve.

Back