Hello Fellow Washingtonians!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
central welding in sodo/georgetown and in ballard will both do 5, 7, 10lb cylinder exchanges for CO2

I posted an intro in a separate thread ... howdy from the Bothell / Mill Creek area.

LHBS of choix is MicroHB in Kenmore
5G AG batches utilizing a reddnek HERMS system
solo brewer as all my brew buddies have moved on to other priorities/interests. average one brew day per month

howdy folks. moved here from the east coast about a year and a half ago.

in case anyone is looking for a far-eastside brew club, there is the Mt. Si Brewing Society (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mt-si-brewing-society). very laid-back group.

for those looking for decently-priced grain, especially by the sac, you should check out Mt. Si Homebrew Supply (www.mtsihomebrew.com). i used to be part of a group buy back in DC, and Mt. Si Homebrew's prices are essentially the same. $40-something for 2-row, $60-something for imported pils, and MO is either in the upper 60's or low 70's, i forget. a really, really nice couple the run the place and they're great resources for information.

Last edited:
Mt Si is good peeps. I'd visit them more often, but it's a bit of a drive for me

last time I was there they also had an interesting selection of 'distilling novelties' for those that are interested in more than just beer/wine

Hey everyone! Just completed my first extract brew. Have been doing a lot of reading and lurking on forums. I’ve already bought supplies to convert to BIAB. I know I don’t have much experience but can already tell this is going to be an addiction! Would love to be a part of the local home brew community. I live just south of Micro Homebrew in Kenmore.

Hey everyone! Just completed my first extract brew. Have been doing a lot of reading and lurking on forums. I’ve already bought supplies to convert to BIAB. I know I don’t have much experience but can already tell this is going to be an addiction! Would love to be a part of the local home brew community. I live just south of Micro Homebrew in Kenmore.
welcome!

suggestion: join a homebrew club, and share the obsession. plenty of clubs around you, check out https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/community/clubs/find-a-homebrew-club/

Washington Homebrewers Association wahomebrewers.org keeps a list and map of active clubs in the state. I would suggest checking there first. Cheers!

Here on Mercer Island. Brewed a 10 gallon batch IPA last weekend. Flying up to Juneau for a compition next week! Any other brewers on the island?

I know that CBG has a webpage too. You can find the link to it (and most other WA clubs) on the WAHA site, wahomebrewers.org
too bad the webpage activities don't go past last Sept. I don't FB due to work policies, so even though I'd love to know more about the current meeting dates/locations I'm left out with catching a group hang

too bad the webpage activities don't go past last Sept. I don't FB due to work policies, so even though I'd love to know more about the current meeting dates/locations I'm left out with catching a group hang

I know that CBG has a webpage too. You can find the link to it (and most other WA clubs) on the WAHA site, wahomebrewers.org

We've been a little short on executive board members recently. Hopefully this year we will be able to do a better job of keeping the website updated. At this point, most of the correspondence is either through the facebook group page or through our Slack channel. For those that want an invite to the CBG Slack channel feel free to PM me your email address.

For the time being, we are meeting at Crucible Brewing in Woodinville, WA on the first Tues of every month (I believe at least for the next couple months...Feb and March) . Socializing starts as early as 6pm with the official meeting starting at 7pm. The brewery is typically closed on Tuesdays so only open for our meetings which is nice:) Let me know if you want any more info!

I’m second batch new to this, I’ll do my best to look for archive threads for answers before I ask newbie questions

My water here
image.jpg

Back