Hello everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichiganMike

Reaction score
I joined home brew talk a few weeks ago and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike, I am originally from Michigan but live in Ohio now for the last 7 years.
I became interested in brewing my own beer a while ago but had no clue where to start. So my wife and I were walking around a local book store and I found a book on home brewing so I bought it. I read the book from cover to cover about 2 or three times which really had my brain going and geared up to give this hobby a shot. I am glad I picked up the book because my wife must have realized I was very interested because for christmas, to my surprise, she gave me a gift card to our local home brew store for everything I needed to get started. She really is an amazing wife :)
So a few days after christmas I made my list and we headed off to the store to pick up the equipment, and January first while watching the winter classic and drinking beer I brewed my first batch. A german oktoberfest, I love this beer and wanted to start with something i loved first to see how it turns out. As of right now the beer has been moved to the secondary fermenter for lager.
I am really enjoying learning about brewing and have asked a few questions on this forum already. I look forward to learning more about brewing and moving towards an all grain brew.
Cheers and thanks for reading my long introduction :)

Welcome and congrats on your first brew. Lager isn't always an easy first brew because temp control is something that us newbies don't know of or have ways to control in the beginning.

What do you think you'll brew next?

Welcome! Love a good Oktoberfest! It's the wrong time to brew one, but when that's ready you can brew a stout for summer! ;)

HAHA that is why im brewing it now I LOVE Oktoberfest so I thought what the heck ill go for it now.

Welcome and congrats on your first brew. Lager isn't always an easy first brew because temp control is something that us newbies don't know of or have ways to control in the beginning.

What do you think you'll brew next?

you are right but i was pretty lucky to have an extra fridge to lager.

I am not sure what I want to brew next but I am thinking a IPA. I just bought a recipe book that I will look through to make a better decision.

If you go with a kit, I highly recommend The Dead Ringer kit from Northern Brewer, or any of the Two Hearted recipes from the major vendors.

OR there is a very nice clone recipe in the database right here on HBT. It's very easy to brew and has always turned out great for me.

Back