Hello!! And a quick question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKNeal

Reaction score
Hey everyone!! I'm glad I joined the group, this place is a wealth of knowledge. I do have a quick question. I was suppose to transfer my current brew to the secondary fermentation container, which is another 5 gallon bucket since I do not own a carboy. Well, my secondary bucket has a bottling spigot the was cracked and broke completely off when I was taking it apart to sanitize it. So my question is, what can I do!! I was going to pour my brew into my boiling pot and back into the fermentation bucket to agitate the yeast enough to ferment again. I was also considering adding a teaspoon of dry yeast to boost the fermentation process. Thought?

I'm brewing an Irish red. I usually transfer my brews to a secondary. I suppose its just my preference. I just don't know what to do since I'm so used to transferring it after the first week. It usually starts fermenting again and I bottle the following week. I sometimes add just a dash of yeast to get it started again. Maybe my method is totally wrong but I've been doing it for about a year now with good results.

I would just leave it alone and then eventually buy a secondary Carboy for future use.

AKNeal said:
I'm brewing an Irish red. I usually transfer my brews to a secondary. I suppose its just my preference. I just don't know what to do since I'm so used to transferring it after the first week. It usually starts fermenting again and I bottle the following week. I sometimes add just a dash of yeast to get it started again. Maybe my method is totally wrong but I've been doing it for about a year now with good results.

I'd let it sit un-agitated for a total of 3 weeks. You'll get good clear beer.

Latest posts

Back