Heineken and Amstel bottles don't work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbydigital

Reaction score
I've used a variety of bottles.. and i find it very hard
to get a good cap on heinken(reg and light) bottles,
and amstel light.....

anyone else?:tank:

(using the 2 handle red capper)

I haven't tried those, but I had a similar problem with Bass bottles. Bottles from Europe seem to have a different ring on the neck that doesn't work as well with a wing capper.
I imagine they would work fine with a bench capper.

i've had no problems with heineken (regular) bottles.

Barley-Davidson said:
I haven't tried those, but I had a similar problem with Bass bottles. Bottles from Europe seem to have a different ring on the neck that doesn't work as well with a wing capper.
I imagine they would work fine with a bench capper.

Warsteiner doesn't work either. If you have a bench capper it works fine, but the wing capper can't grab the smaller ring on some bottles.

yea i use a wing capper and the hienekin bottles are a ***** to cap. sometimes i can get them but they often hav bad seals

i actually like the heinies... the amstel lights feel a bit thin to me, like the glass isn't as good quality. the hardest bottles i have come across to cap is a hoegaarden bottle. the sam adams are nice, but i had one explode on me, blew its seam at the bottom,with enough force to knock to top of the cooler about a foot into the air while we were watching tv. so i try to stick with thicker glass.

I have had trouble with Amstel bottles. Actually tossed about 12 of them due to the trouble capping. I would rather buy another 12'er of good bottles than fight with those!!!

Back