HBT NFL mock draft '10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well... weve had mccoy picked... so oh well :)

but I agree with you. that being said... Oakland is a joke, so whatever :)

Colt McCoy? I knew Al Davis is crazy, but I'm not quite sure that he THAT crazy. ;)

bird, you're up for the Bills.

With the 9th pick in the 2010 HomeBrewTalk.com NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select.....

Dan Williams, defensive tackle from Tennessee.

Bills need a QB, but not sold on Clausen. Need someone with some zip on the ball. They may look to take a chance on Tebow, but not this early.

Bills biggest need right now is a stud in the middle of the defensive line. Switching to a 3-4 D under Chan Gailey, and they don't really have a good, BIG defensive lineman to man the middle. He's listed at about 327#, pretty good (although not extreme) size for playing the NT spot.

#9 seems to be a little high for him, but he seems to be considered the best NT prospect in the draft and that's what Buffalo needs, especially with how medicore their rush D has been.

Solid pick for the Bills, bird.

As for the Browns getting Sheldon Brown, that certainly helps them, but they *still* need secondary help.

Jacksonville selects Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech. This not only happens to be one of their top needs after former 1st round pick Derrick Harvey out of Florida hasn't been able to produce, but Morgan present a great value at #10.

gartj is on the clock for the Denver Broncos

My pick is looking less and less likely for the Browns.

Still Haden it alot less likely to be a bust than Clausen.

Craig

A recent quote from Holmgren on Clausen - "I wish I liked him more". It was on profootballtalk.com within the last couple weeks. I just don't see the Browns taking Clausen with their 1st. Now if Colt McCoy is there for them in the 2nd, that makes a bit more sense. They really need to help out that defense in the 1st round.

A recent quote from Holmgren on Clausen - "I wish I liked him more". It was on profootballtalk.com within the last couple weeks. I just don't see the Browns taking Clausen with their 1st. Now if Colt McCoy is there for them in the 2nd, that makes a bit more sense. They really need to help out that defense in the 1st round.

They have also stated they are "definitely not taking a QB with their first round pick" which makes me think more and more they will. Seems like all the teams try to throw out some misdirection before the draft.

But you are right defensive help would be a good thing. And now their "biggest" impact player (Shaun Rodgers) is in jail.
Don't these players have 2 brain cells to run together.:confused:
Seems every day another one of them get in the news for completely idiotic reasons. :rolleyes:
Rodgers for trying to carry a loaded 45 onto a plane!!!! :eek:

gartj PM'd me his selection:

Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland.

Limited Visibility is now on the clock for the Dolphins.

gartj PM'd me his selection:

Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland.

Limited Visibility is now on the clock for the Dolphins.

Listen up you primitive screwheads....this...is my BOOMSTICK! :)

I was looking around the TV and nothing is on, now I know what I'm going to watch for the next 2 hours.

It's been 24 hours, should we start thinking about Miami's pick in case LImited Visibility doesn't come on for a while..
The Fins need pass rush, though I don't think there's a consensus next-best pick on that. Jason Pierre-Paul could be a possible candidate, or maybe Kindle, though I've seen him slide out of the first round in a few mocks. They also need a WR, though I don't think there's value for that at this point. I guess if they go that route, Dez Bryant would be the guy.

I think that if Dez Bryant is there, they have one hell of a hard time passing him up.

So are we force drafting Dez Bryant to the Dolphins since it's been like 36 hours or so on the clock? In other news it looks like Donovan McNabb is going to the Redskins.

So are we force drafting Dez Bryant to the Dolphins since it's been like 36 hours or so on the clock? In other news it looks like Donovan McNabb is going to the Redskins.

That's my vote. We'll entertain other thoughts and make a decision by noon.

McNabb to the Skins is a done deal. 2nd round pick this year and either a 3rd or 4th next year.

OK, I'd vote for Miami to take Bryant.

With the McNabb trade, it seems a fairly even deal to me. He's obviously a big upgrade over Campbell, and seems a good fit for the system Shanahan's going to run. That said, he can't have many seasons left in him, and with such a deep draft this year, their R2 pick could net an impact player. I suspect in the long run the Eagles will get more out of this than the Redskins, though at least Washington have a chance to be competitive next season.

Any thoughts on what's going to happen to Jason Campbell? I'm guessing Buffalo might try to get him on the cheap.

I made the call. Dolphins took Bryant.

neko is now on the clock for back to back picks. 49ers at 13, and Seahawks at 14.

The big question now is what the hell are the Eagles going to do with all of their picks. I think they have 5 or 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.

It's a hella good year to have a lot of high picks, though. Good year to build some high-quality depth. If Kolb is as good as they think he is, this should be a year to reload for the next decade.

What I don't get, though... listening to Mike & Mike this morning, they indicated that the Eagles *could* have gotten the same compensation from the Bills as from Washington, but traded with the 'Skins in deference to McNabb's preference. That may well prove to be a mistake; Washington has some talent, they've desperately needed leadership (and skill) from the QB position, though. Redskins could be much improved with McNabb at the helm. Those are going to be two much more difficult games each year.

McNabb trade was the best possible news for New England fans, though!

In an absolute no brainer (and can't believe he's still sitting here...)

At #15, NYFG select Rolando McClain, LB, ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE!

Giants haven't had a great linebacker in close to a decade. AP was looking good, and then the G-men basically turned on him (much to the dismay of at least 2 Giants fans here in B-more).

Rolando McClain is just a beast, and is a great fit for this defense.

OP has been updated. I sent Limited Visibility a PM notifying him that he's on the clock but we should probably start discussing a pick for the Titans, as it was his pick that held us up over the weekend.

In my mind, this is almost automatic - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan. They have big needs along the dline.

Graham would be a great pick for them, though I'm hoping when the real thing comes round that he slides to the Pats at #22.

I'm finding it really hard to get any sense of how these hybrid LB/DEs compare with each other. There doesn't seem to be any consensus from the analysts - Pat Kirwan's got Sergio Kindle going at #12 in his last mock, and Brandon Graham going at #19, but I've also seen mocks with Graham going early R1 and Kindle not getting picked until midway through R2. I've also seen people raving about Sapp from Clemson and Jerry Hughes of Texas Christian. I guess it'll make watching the real thing all the more intriguing for it.

:off: Apparently the Skins tried to offload Albert Haynesworth to Philadelphia as part of the McNabb trade, as Shanahan's not crazy about his attitude. How much did they pay for him again? :drunk:

Time is up, the pick will be Brandon Graham unless someone has some other alternatives.

The Niners are going to fill a hole on their offensive line with Bryan Bulaga OT from Iowa and hopefully he can play some right tackle and stop Alex Smith from getting injured again.

I was thinking of getting a running back to complement Gore, but if the O line isn't stopping the oncoming pressure then what's the point?

Looks like I'm done drafting until the 49th pick.

The Niners are going to fill a hole on their offensive line with Bryan Bulaga OT from Iowa and hopefully he can play some right tackle and stop Alex Smith from getting injured again.

I was thinking of getting a running back to complement Gore, but if the O line isn't stopping the oncoming pressure then what's the point?

Looks like I'm done drafting until the 49th pick.

If Limited Visibility doesn't chime in on his next pick, I'll give all of his picks over to you.

CBBaron is now on the clock for the Steelers.

Sorry it took so long.

Steelers want to improve their running game as they became more pass happy last year and again saw negative effects on the record despite breaking team records for passing.

The question is what is the best choice on the board.
CJ Spiller is a very effective RB and would provide a fast, flexible back as a counter point to Mendenhal.
Davis looks like a good OT prospect with good skills in the running game.
But Mike Iupati looks to be a powerful force in the interior of the line.

I'm going to go with Mike Iupati OG for the Steelers. The OL for the Steelers has been in need of upgrade and I think the guards have been weaker than the tackles. I think Iupati can make an impact his first year.

Craig

The Falcons are next up. They've helped their secondary through free agency, so the big needs as I see it are their pass rush and interior O-line. As far as I can make out, Falcon fans are really keen on LB Sean Weatherspoon, though I think that's largely based on the assumption that he'll be the best LB left when they get to pick. I was also really tempted to take C Maurkice Pouncey as he looks to have a ton of upside and seems one of the safest picks in the whole draft. But in the end, their sucky defense needs help most. So with the 19th pick of the 2010 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Sergio Kindle, LB, Texas.

A solid 30th place run ranking last year makes this a no brainer. They definitely needed help in the secondary given the division they're in and Earl Thomas would have and was my pick for here but....
So with the 20th pick the HBT Mock Draft The Houston Texans take-
Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State

te jermain gresham Oklaholma

this is the biggest need, an offensive play maker. almost every mock Ive seen has had dez Bryant here... but he went a while ago. there is a ton of talent out there at DT and OT 2 positions I just cant see the Bengals picking #1....

The New England Patriots, picking at #22, select CJ Spiller, running back from Clemson.

I don't think he'll slide this far. He's a little smaller than you would ideally like from a featured back. Pats need some young legs, Mauroney has proven that he can't be The Man, and as much as I love what Kevin Faulk has meant to the organization, he's one of the oldest running backs in the league. Spiller can catch the ball out of the backfield, giving another weapon underneath for Brady. Should be an ideal long-term replacement for Faulk.

Taylor Mays is also projected to go a lot earlier than #22 in a lot of drafts, but S isn't a position of particular need for the Pats (could use an elite corner, but really need to improve the running game and the pass rush more than anything else). Hard to want to draft a safety in the first round unless they truly project to be a Troy Palamalou-type difference maker.

EDIT: Someone described Spiller as a Leon Washington/Reggie Bush-type. Pats still need a young power back, but I'd take Spiller in a cocaine heartbeat if he's still on the board at 22.

Nice pick up, bird. I don't expect that Spiller will last this long come draft day either. He could go as high at 6 to the Seahawks.

I would not be surprised, however, to see Taylor Mays slide to the 2nd round.

The Green Bay Backers select Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers.

claphamsa is now on the clock for the Eagles.

Back