HBT NFL mock draft '10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
It's that time of year again! The NFL draft kicks off its new format this year with the first round starting at 7:30pm EST on Thursday, 4/22.

I'll be organizing another mock draft this year for those who want to participate (Last year's mock draft can be found here).

The draft order this year is as follows:

[SIZE=-1]
1 St. Louis (Danek) - [/SIZE]Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
[SIZE=-1] 2 Detroit (ohiobrewtus) - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
3 Tampa Bay (dataz722) - [/SIZE]Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
[SIZE=-1] 4 Washington (jezter6) - [/SIZE]Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
[SIZE=-1] 5 Kansas City (claphasma) - [/SIZE]Eric Berry, SS, Tennessee
[SIZE=-1] 6 Seattle (neko) - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
7 Cleveland (CBBaron) - Joe Haden, CB, Florida
8 Oakland (eriktlupus) - Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
9 Buffalo (the_bird) - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
10 Jacksonville (ohiobrewtus) - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
11 Denver (from Chicago) (gartj) - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
12 Miami (Limited Visibility) - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
13 San Francisco (neko) - Earl Thomas, S, Texas
14 Seattle (from Denver) (neko) - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
15 New York Giants (jezter6) - Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
16 Tennessee (Limited Visibility) - Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan
17 San Francisco (from Carolina) (neko) - Bryan Baluga, OT, Iowa
18 Pittsburgh (CBBaron) - Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
19 Atlanta (Danek) - Sergio Kindle, LB, Texas
20 Houston (gartj) - [/SIZE]Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
[SIZE=-1] 21 Cincinnati (claphasma) - Jermain Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
22 New England (the_bird) - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
23 Green Bay (ohiobrewtus) - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
24 Philadelphia (claphasma) - Taylor Mays, S, USC
25 Baltimore (dataz722) - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
26 Buffalo (from Arizona (Limited Visibility) - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
27 Dallas (jezter6) - Maurkice Pouncey, OG/OC, Florida
28 San Diego (gartj) - Jahvid Best, RB Cal
29 New York Jets (Danek) - Jerry Hughes, OLD/DE, TCU
30 Minnesota - (CBBaron) - Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
31 Indianapolis (the_bird) - Charles Brown, OT, USC
32 New Orleans (dataz722) - [/SIZE]Koa Misi, OLB/DE, Utah

2nd Round

33 [SIZE=-1]St. Louis[/SIZE] (Danek) - Jared Odrick, DT/DE, Penn State
[SIZE=-1]34[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Cleveland[/SIZE] (CBBaron)[SIZE=-1] - [/SIZE]Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
[SIZE=-1]35 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Tampa Bay[/SIZE] (dataz722) - Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
[SIZE=-1]36 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Kansas City[/SIZE] (claphasma) - Roger Saffold, OT, Indiana
[SIZE=-1]37 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Washington[/SIZE] (jezter6) - Tony Pike, QB, Cincinnati
[SIZE=-1]38 [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Detroit (ohiobrewtus)[/SIZE] - Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
[SIZE=-1]39[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Oakland[/SIZE] (eriktlupus) - Everson Griffen, DE/OLB, USC
[SIZE=-1]40 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]San Diego (from Seattle)[/SIZE] (gartj) - Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
[SIZE=-1]41 Arizona (neko) - [/SIZE]Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
[SIZE=-1]42 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Tampa Bay [/SIZE][SIZE=-1](from Chicago)[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1](dataz722) - [/SIZE]Daryl Washington, LB, TCU
[SIZE=-1]43[/SIZE] Miami (Limited Visibility) - Nate Allen, S, USF
[SIZE=-1]44[/SIZE] New England(from Jacksonville)[SIZE=-1](the_bird)[/SIZE] - Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona
[SIZE=-1]45 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Denver (gartj) - [/SIZE]Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
46 [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]New York Giants[/SIZE][/SIZE] (jezter6) - Chad Jones, S, LSU
[SIZE=-1]47[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]New England [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1](from Tennessee) [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1](the_bird)[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1] - [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Brian Price, DT, UCLA
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]48 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Carolina[/SIZE][/SIZE] (ohiobrewtus) - Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
49 [SIZE=-1]San Francisco[/SIZE] (neko) - Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
50 [SIZE=-1]Kansas City (from Atlanta)[/SIZE] (claphasma) - Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
51 [SIZE=-1]Houston[/SIZE] (gartj) - Chris Cook, CB/FS, Virginia
52 [SIZE=-1]Pittsburgh[/SIZE] (CBBaron) - Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
[SIZE=-1]53 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]New England (the_bird)[/SIZE] Ricky Sapp, LB, Clemson
[SIZE=-1]54[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Cincinnati [/SIZE](claphasma) - Navarro Bowman, LB, Penn State
[SIZE=-1]55 [/SIZE]Philadelphia (claphasma) - Lavar Houston, DT, Texas
[SIZE=-1]56 [/SIZE] Green Bay [SIZE=-1](ohiobrewtus) - [/SIZE]Sean Lee, LB, Penn State
[SIZE=-1]57 [/SIZE] Baltimore (dataz722) - Jimmy Graham, TE, Miami (FL)
[SIZE=-1]58[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Arizona[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1](Limited Visibility)[/SIZE] - Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida
59 Dallas [SIZE=-1](jezter6) - [/SIZE]Eric Norwood, LB, South Carolina
[SIZE=-1]60[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Seattle [/SIZE][SIZE=-1](from San Diego)[/SIZE] (neko) - Damian Williams, WR, USC
61 New York Jets (Danek) - Tyson Aluala, DT, Cal
[SIZE=-1]62 [/SIZE]Minnesota [SIZE=-1](CBBaron) -[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]63 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Indianapolis[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] (the_bird) -[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]64 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]New Orleans[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1](dataz722) -
[/SIZE]

You don't, not really. It's just a mock draft, not a competition. A good excuse for spending too many hours reading scouting reports and analyzing team needs and showing off how much smarter we are than Al Davis.

GM's updated.

I just thought of something else that I forgot to mention in the OP - All trades must be approved by me. As long as they are reasonable, then anything goes. Don't expect to trade Brandon Marshall for a 2019 1st round pick or anything insane like that.

I'd be up for this again. As the Pats have gone, I'll take one of the other AFC East teams. I don't mind which, so how about I take Miami, and if someone else really wants to take 'em, I'd be happy to switch to the Bills or Jets.

I'd be up for this again. As the Pats have gone, I'll take one of the other AFC East teams. I don't mind which, so how about I take Miami, and if someone else really wants to take 'em, I'd be happy to switch to the Bills or Jets.

I've got you as GM for the Dolphins.

I follow Buffalo reasonably closely, so if you want to give me them as a #2, that'd be fine. I know there are a few Bills fans around here, so I'm fine with abdicating that position if someone else wants it. Not sure too many people want to be running the Bills, though!

Bump to get more GM's involved. I'm in the process of sending out PM's to those who participated last year, but haven't replied in this thread yet.

So what does everything think that the Rams are going to do with the 1st pick? I would be VERY surprised if it's not Sam Bradford. Reports came out late in the season that the Rams *wanted* to take Sanchez at #2 last year, but were afraid that was too high for him and they would just get crucified by the media and their fans.

Suh is going to be damn tempting, but just as was the case with the Lions last year... if you don't have a franchise quarterback and you have a chance to take one in the draft - you do it. Barring any kind of medical setback from Bradford's shoulder injury, or possibly a trade for someone like Michael Vick, I think Bradford to the Rams is a no-brainer.

What the Lions will do with the #2 pick largely depends on their decision about Anthony Hargrove. They brought him in for a visit and really like him. He has a 3rd round tender, so if they make him and offer sheet, the Saints don't match and they give up a 3rd to get him, they almost certainly will be looking to either trade down or will take someone like Okung over Suh/McCoy.

If nothing happens with Hargrove, though, I would be VERY surprised if Suh isn't the pick. The only hitch I can think of with Suh is his agent(s). They're a major pain in the ass to deal with. Remember the whole Michael Crabtree incident that the 49'ers went through last year? Yup... Suh has the same agent.

Agree, for the Rams it has to be Bradford. Bulger's likely gone, too much money, too brittle, and he hasn't produced for three years. They do have AJ Feeley (also getting old). Feeley should be able to hold down the fort for a year while Bradford gets acclimated. They gave up a lot of sacks last year; they really need to rebuild the o-line before tossing a young guy back there, and the presence of Feeley should let them do that. They've also got to rebuild the rushing attack; they only had four rushing touchdowns as a team all year.

But, having Feeley there means that they aren't in quite as desparate position, QB-wise, as the Lions were twelve months ago. They should be able to take him, address some of these other needs elsewhere in the draft/free agency, and let him develop for most of the season. He shouldn't be needed to start on day one, which we all know is a very dangerous thing to do with a young QB.

Yeah, that's fine by me, I'll take the J-E-T-S. Let's see if I can unearth the next Vernon Gholston.

lmao... My guess is that Russell Okung is the 2010 draft version of the next Vernon Gholston.

Count me in. I'll take the Niners again.

and if the Sea Chickens (seattle) are available for the second team I'll take them. Those two teams are busy in the first round.

As last year, I will take the Clowns (Cleveland) as my second team if noone else is interested in them.

Though given all of the changes that have happened with that team I don't think anyone really knows what they are going to do come draft day.

Craig

OP is updated, hopefully we can get a couple more to sign up. If not, then some of us may be picking for 3 or 4 teams.

OP updated again. The board is all set. Please check to see which teams you will be picking for and start studying team needs.

It doesn't look like we're going to get any additional participants, so Danek is now on the clock. Let's get this thing started!

Man, that came around fast. Let's get this thing underway then.

With the first pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the St Louis Rams select Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma.

Suh would have been a good pick, but QB is the most important position on the team, and after his pro day Bradford looks like he could be a franchise player.

Man, that came around fast. Let's get this thing underway then.

With the first pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the St Louis Rams select Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma.

Suh would have been a good pick, but QB is the most important position on the team, and after his pro day Bradford looks like he could be a franchise player.

I updated the OP with designations for every team, then I thought 'what's the sense in waiting until April 5th?'

With the 2nd pick, the Detroit Lions select [SIZE=-1]Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska[/SIZE].

The Lions addressed their defensive line in free agency by trading for DT Corey Williams (from Cleveland) and signing Kyle VandenBosch to a 4 year, $24 million deal, but Coach Schwartz needs the defensive line to get pressure and lessen the burden on the secondary. Russell Okung is a possibility here, but a talent like Suh doesn't come around very often and the Lions are happy to select him here.

dataz722 is on the clock for the Bucs.

Since their D line is just horrendous....

With the 3rd pick, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma.

Since Dan Snyder's known to be a tard, I was TEMPTED to make a HUGE leap and pull Tim Tebow, but luckily nobody's that stupid.

With the 4th Pick, the Redskins selects Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

Back