HBT NFL mock draft '10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked til 9 last night then had to be back in at 8 this morning. I should have something in about 5-10 minutes.

We're all on the clock for the Dolphins.

Obviously they no longer have this pick since the Brandon Marshall trade, but since we're stuck with it, I think it has to be the best Safety on the board, Nate Allen. After releasing Gibril Wilson, they need help here.

Alex Carrington and Ricky Sapp are rated late 2nd prospects by most and could come off of the board here.

Just a heads-up guys - from this evening I'm going to be away from the internet for a week. So unless there's a crazy flurry of picks in the next couple of hours :D I won't be able to make the #61 pick for the Jets. I don't know who'll still be on the board for them by then, but any low-character high-ability player should fit right in.

I'm making the call for the Dolphins, Nate Allen, S, USF.

Bird, you're on the clock for the Patriots.

Grr... been busy as hell here, so I haven't had as much time to research as I would like.

So, I'll have the Pats addressing their single biggest hole on the roster by selecting ROB GRONKOWSKI, tight end.

So here's an interesting thought now that the Brandon is gone. Miles Austin Jones and Vincent Jackson are both tendered for 1st and 3rd picks. I'm Josh McD. and I've got a wallet full of picks burning a whole in my pants hmm... Or another thought is Lance Moore with one of my seconds and make a project out of him... and keep an infirmary on the field. Tough choices to make. I don't think Dez Bryant will be on Miami's scope anymore so that would have been my pick. The hub bub around here is he'll be a Bronco. For the sake of this draft the Bronco's will take with the 45th pick of the HBT Mock Draft....
Golden Tate, WR Notre Dame

I was hoping Tate was going to last a couple more picks... :mad:

I love Vinnie Jackson, but a 1st- and a third is a lot of comp to give up. He's young enough where I think I'd make that trade/signing. You'd be estatic to get a player that good with your first rounder, even if it meant you blew your third rounder; question is how much $$ Jackson's going to want.

That IS more comp than the Cards got for Boldin. Really wishing the Pats would have made a move for him, he's another bigger, REALLY good wideout. I'm frothing at the mouth, imagining he, Moss, and a healthy Wes Welker on the field together.

But, Vinnie Jackson's one of my favorite wideouts in the league. Helluva good player.

Sorry about the Golden Tate pick but he is the best available. If we were to start again today the Bronc's 1st pick would have been Dez Bryant. But...The thing you get with Jackson or Davis is NFL experience. The Bronc's are going to pay either way whether it's a first round in Dez Bryant or a free agent pick with the other 2.

Pats will continue reloading along the defensive line by selecting BRIAN PRICE, defensive tackle from UCLA.

Pats did re-sign Wilfork, but lost Jarvis Green to Denver during the offseason. Much of the team's problems can be attributed to medicore/inconsistent play along the defensive line. Ron Brace was disappointing as a rookie, barely got on the field; Price should push him. Team still needs a linebacker, too, but Belichick has shown much more willingness to spend high picks on defensive linemen than on linebackers.

The Niners are going to pick RB Jonathan Dwyer from Georgia Tech in order to help out Gore. It was tempting to move Gerhart from my college team to my NFL team, but I'm passing on him.

Well, we should be done before Thursday. Not too likely given how far into the second round we are, but we could see a someone picked up late in the first round that we're still considering.

Being in the AFC South and not having a corner back is not a good thing.
The Houston Texans take Chris Cook, CB/FS, Virginia

The weakest part of the defense the last couple years has been the secondary and the best corner is getting up there in years.
The Steelers will take
CB Patrick Robinson,

Craig

Pats are going to address the need for a potential impact linebacker by selecting Ricky Sapp from Clemson.

Might be a bit of a project, but he seems to have the speed and instincts to play OLB. Maybe a bit of a hybrid DE/LB, a la Willie McGinnist (and kind of what they were hoping to get from Adaleius Thomas). A bit on the smallish size, and it sounds like he can be overpowered at times, but that he's good in space. Should be an improvement over Gary Guyton (another fast-but-not-terribly-physical LB), who's proven to be an OK player but someone you'd really prefer not to be starting.

I gotta say, I'd be pretty happy with the Pats if they picked up these players. CJ Spiller's got the potential to be a real difference maker; Percy Harvin without the migraines. Picking up one of the best tight end prospects, some additional depth along the defensive line (with a player most seem to project as a first rounder), and Sapp seems to have the instincts and athleticism to be a playmaker on defense.

Really thinking that's what the Pats have been missing; someone on D that's just really, really disruptive. Mayo's a stud young LB, but he either doesn't (or hasn't been asked to) get to the QB all that often. Merriweather makes some plays, but most of the defensive backs are more solid than playmaking. Sapp's got the potential, at least, to be a Demarcus-Ware type, a guy that just makes **** happen.

also im happy!

novorow Bowman! OLB PSU I hope he falls! we have good linebackers.... but there are some *ahem* issues there....

The Packers select Sean Lee, LB, Penn State.

dataz722 is on the clock for the Ravens.

I think it is a gamble because he is very athletic and has tons of potential but ready yet. Plus Baltimore loves their Miami guys.

Jimmy Graham, TE, "The U"

Limited Visibility is on the clock for the Cardinals, but he seems to be MIA.

I like Brandon Spikes for them here. With the loss of Dansby, they'll be looking to reload at LB.

OB, think it's time for you as commish to make this pick. Let's try and get this finished today.

I think we should all track the players that we picked for our teams, see how many we picked "correctly" (the right team/right slot), how many were picked ahead of where we drafted them, and how many were picked later. Could be a fun game, see how good we all are... ;)

Back