Hazy Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jslive4now

Reaction score
Ok so I recently finished my first All Grain beer.. all was good, fermentation was quick and clean.. but here is my question.. I cold crashed this brew before kegging.. I kegged on top of kelatin.. I carbed for a week and started enjoying my tasty, clear home brew.. well it's been a whole bother week and yesterday the beer was clear.. but today it's cloudy and real hazy?? I've had cloudy beers at the start of the keg process but never 2 weeks after keeping, clarifying and been pouring clear for 2 weeks..

Any insight would be helpful.. it looks like chill haze but just confused because it's been cold and clear for 2 weeks..

Thanks in advance!!

Does it clear up when the beer gets warm? If so, it's chill haze. Did you happen to bump the keg or move it? That can rouse up all the stuff that was sitting at the bottom. Is the keg getting near empty?

Does it clear up when the beer gets warm? If so, it's chill haze. Did you happen to bump the keg or move it? That can rouse up all the stuff that was sitting at the bottom. Is the keg getting near empty?

I believe I did move the keg around... totally forgot about that... lol. Thank you Subdivisions...

Back