Haze on my brew kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpatrol

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for getting that light haze off the bottom of your brew kettle. Ever since I went from stove top to outdoor burner I'm getting a more visible haze after each brew session. I use PBW and a sponge with some elbow grease but would like something easier. Anybody ever use that metal/brass cleaner you can get for stainless steel in the grocery store down the cleaning isle?

How long are you letting the PBW sit in the kettle for? Try letting it sit overnight, I do that with my carboy's all the time and all the gunk comes out without really brushing.

SS pot. an 8 Gallon heavy duty from Morebeer. Its not a scorch or anything bad like that. Just a noticeable light brown haze.

Hmm, I would try some Bon-Ami. It always cleans up my stainless really nice and is non-abrasive. All my SS pots get a light haze on them too, but it doesn't really bother me too much. GL!

Back