Having some trouble with force-carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humblesea

Reaction score
This is my first time force-carbing. I first injected the corny with 30 psi and shook it around for awhile, then I left it for a day or two and then let out the pressure, then set it at about 12 psi at 40 degrees. I have about 6 feet of line from the keg and it's all inside the fridge including the co2. It has been coming out way too fast and even when I turn off the pressure to have it come out it is still pretty flat. So I left it at 12 psi for a couple weeks and it is still the same way. What should I do?

It sounds overcarbed. I'd turn the gas off, pull the pressure relief valve a few times a day, and try setting it at a lower carb level once it's correctly carbed. 10 psi should be sufficient at 40 degrees.

This comment is based purely on what I've read (I have yet to keg a batch), but have you tried a longer tap line?

Back