Have you found "The" beer to end all beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For now my favs are Chimay Grand Reserve (blue) and Stone Arrogant Bastard.

"The" favorite? That's like saying you find "the" woman... wait, bad analogy: I'm married.

It's like picking "the" favorite of your children... wait, that's not right either.

Never mind

;)

Sure my tastes have changed in my 20+ year beer drinking career, but the my style of choice remains surprising similar.
When I started drinking, I used to love Bass Ale, and now it's my SMaSH MO/EKG's which are my favorite.

I drink a lot of IPA's now, chasing the Hop Dragon, but it's the base beer that keeps me coming back. Pliney, Caldera, Firestone, PizzaPort all have great base beers to build their Hop Monsters upon.

Ok I'm going to be the ******* and just say it. Pabst Blue Ribbon. Sure I love IPA's and stouts and especially Duvel, but in reality if I could only have one beer from now on I would stick with PBR.

Sure my tastes have changed in my 20+ year beer drinking career, but the my style of choice remains surprising similar.
When I started drinking, I used to love Bass Ale, and now it's my SMaSH MO/EKG's which are my favorite.

I drink a lot of IPA's now, chasing the Hop Dragon, but it's the base beer that keeps me coming back. Pliney, Caldera, Firestone, PizzaPort all have great base beers to build their Hop Monsters upon.

aahh Firestone, great beer. My sister worked there back in college. That was one of Chuck Liddel's (the UFC fighter) favorite hang out spots. Now that i think of it, California has just as many great breweries as Colorado.

I have a group of favorite for each style of beer, the only beer I would say is in no doubt the king of it's class is Alaskan Brewing's Smoked Porter, hands down the best smoked beer I had ever tried and one of the best porters I've tried as well. IPA's are hard for me to pick a favorite as there is so much variety in those styles and many of them delicious.

For the sake of simplicity, I say "Bell's Two-Hearted", but in actuality, there is no way to specify a "beer to end all beers". What mood am I in? What season is it? What am I eating? Bottle or draft? What else have I drank so far?

Too many variables, too many beers....

Nope, and if I ever do, I'll stop drinking and brewing altogether. Most of the fun is in experimentation.

Since Ninkasi has started making 6 packs of Total Domination, I'm going to be buying a lot more of that than anything else right now. I also fall back on SNPA quite regularly. I only ever buy that if I have nothing in the kegerator anymore though.

I've thought I had, only to revisit the same beer a year later and find it was nothing I had remembered. My tastes definitely change.

I've thought I had, only to revisit the same beer a year later and find it was nothing I had remembered. My tastes definitely change.

agreed, my taste buds have changed drastically. I used to mostly enjoy malty beers, now I seem to enjoy hop flavors much more than I ever thought I would.

I change around every month of so. Favorite this month is Flying Dog Gonzo. Last month was Trappistes Roquefort 8. Month before that was Dogfish Punkin' Ale (which is damn hard to come by).

I had a t'smije guido the other day. Very interesting.

If any of y'all pass through baton rouge Louisiana stop by "The Cove"....it has over 500 different bottled beers. Over 50 scotches, tequilas, bourbons....Even has about 10 different absinthes.

I love this thread, lots of good answers.

If I had to narrow it down, I'd never turn down a DFH 90 minute IPA, or Great Divide's Raspberry Ale. The latter is just such a great warm day or session beer. The DFH is my true favorite- cant get it in OK, so I always grab some every time I hit Texas.

The best beer I had was a bottle of a Southern Cross IPA (homebrew). Just that one bottle for some reason tasted incredible.

There are too many beers I've never tried for me to have an answer to that question.

It's hard to compare beers and label one as a favorite.

My favorite brew in college was Crimson Voodoo by Dixie Brewing Company. This beer is no longer made, I have three bottles, I am sure they are all but ruined by now, but can't seem to let them go.

I think someone else is brewing Dixie Lager and Blackened Voodoo, but no Crimson Voodoo.

Check here for some brewery pics, pretty sad:

http://www.abandonedusa.com/site/dixie-brewing-company

Fresh, unpasteurized Pilsner Urquell. Ever since a long awaited trip to the inlaws home in Czech, i have not been the same.

I could never have a favorite beer. Favorite beer per style, maybe

Examples:
RIS - Great Divide Yeti
IIPA - Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree
Hefeweizen - Weihenstephaner

Back