Have left over crystal and chocolate malt and soliciting suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomerSoonerBrewer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to these fora.

However, I do feel enough clout to post this and inquire about suggestions regarding some leftover grains I have from last weekend's brew day.

I have on hand:

5 lbs crystal 40 malt
4 lbs crystal 20 malt
1 lb chocolate malt
1.0 oz kent goldings hops (5.3 AA)
1.0 oz cascade hops (6.5AA/5.8BA)

I can easily hit the beer store and grab 3.3 LME and a third hop addition and a base malt. Have never used but would try DME.

But what suggestions for recipes will help me maximize my use of the original grains that I have on hand?

Any suggestions for this partial mash beer?

Thanks in advance and CHEERS!

That's a lot of non-fermentable grain. Just sit on it. Use it over the next year or more. It will still be fine. I speak from experience.

That's a lot of non-fermentable grain. Just sit on it. Use it over the next year or more. It will still be fine. I speak from experience.

You're right. I will get some more base malts and just keep these in the freezer in a vacuum sealed bag.

Cheers!

I wouldn't even go that far. Put it in a ziplock in a cool dry place. Save your freezer for better needs.

Back