Has Goose Island IPA changed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKaranka

Reaction score
I have had a Goose Island IPA every now and then and I had one tonight. It seemed spicier and more floral back in the day, while the one I had today was fruitier, more aggressive and grapefruity than what I remembered. I always liked it because it seemed to be a great compromise of British and American IPA but now it seems to be leaning more towards Stone than what it used to. Does anybody know if they've changed the hops in it?

I always remember it being pretty assertively grapefruity, but I haven't had one in a couple years at least. I'm sure someone will try to blame changes on the AB-Inbev influence. I haven't heard of any tweaks though.

They may have...I googled around quickly and found nothing. To be honest, GI is doing so many new things I think they would be hard pressed to change a tried and true beer. Hop harvests may affect the taste

Back