has anyone brewed the Midwest Supplies Autumn Amber Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

802VermontHomebrew

Reaction score
I just brewed this recipie... Its in the keg now... I cant quite figure out if I am experiencing off flavors or is this is how its supposed to taste?... This is the first time I have tasted a beer of this caliber. I am getting a hint of citrus? Does this sound normal? Ha, I didnt know... but at first sip I said "well I guess its drinkable".. to add to the citrus flavor I took an orange and cut a decent wedge and dropped it in my glass... Made it a little better... Just not sure if this is going to be a brew that I will want to do again or not..

I just opened my first bottle of their autumn ale, It is pretty good. I had it in the primary for a week and the secondary for 2 and half weeks. So far it's been in the bottle for a week.

It is pretty damn good, Good balance of hops and malt, (extra hops are always welcomed however) It taste like it will improve with another week or two in the bottle, So i will post an update then. But So far it is quite nice.

I just brewed this recipie... Its in the keg now... I cant quite figure out if I am experiencing off flavors or is this is how its supposed to taste?... This is the first time I have tasted a beer of this caliber. I am getting a hint of citrus? Does this sound normal? Ha, I didnt know... but at first sip I said "well I guess its drinkable".. to add to the citrus flavor I took an orange and cut a decent wedge and dropped it in my glass... Made it a little better... Just not sure if this is going to be a brew that I will want to do again or not..

what was the recipe? - especially the hops, many of which are citrusy

I know this is an old post. I brewed this as my first time doing home brew, and it came out great!

I just ordered the starter kit through MS and decided to go with the Autum Ale. I am glad to see good reviews, cant wait to try it out as my first brew!

Back