Has anyone brewed an IPA with any of the hops on this list?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum...make sure to go introduce yourself too.

I have tried Zythos and Falconer's Flight, I'm not really a fan, they have a standard PNW APA/IPA character so nothing that got me excited from that standpoint, and then you don't know exactly what the blend is so from a brewer's perspective, I want to know what my blend is so I can repeat it and sub out if I need to instead of being reliant on HopUnion supplies.

I've always wanted to try Zytho's and Falconer's Flight but I don't have the guts to get away from my Citra, Centennial, and Chinooks. I also haven't even tried Simcoe yet.

i have used mosaic and falconers as well..falconers you cant go wrong with you can make a nice west coast style with that..the mosaic is very fruity not at all what i was expecting and very tasty.

I've always wanted to try Zytho's and Falconer's Flight but I don't have the guts to get away from my Citra, Centennial, and Chinooks. I also haven't even tried Simcoe yet.

Haven't tried Simcoe!?!good god man

Bought 8 oz of meridian a few months back, easily one of my new favorites. Very fruity without the citrus you often find. Amazing in my hop bursted blonde ale :)

I am a big fan of Falconer's Flight, made an IIPA recently that just keeps getting better. You really can't go wrong with that blend.

I tried falconer's flight when it first came out and did an IPA with that as the only hop. I think I got some peach esters from fermenting US-05 cold and falconer's seems to have a bit of peach flavor so it ended up being a peach flavored IPA. Not bad but not dank enough for me. Maybe newer years have more dank flavor.

I've used Mosaic. They are great but I don't recommend them for bittering (that's just me). I made an IPA with them (I like fruity/citrusy IPAs).

I have a pale ale of Falconer in the fermenter right now. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

Did a farmhouse IPA with Simcoe and Motueka late additions. It was hard a to get a lot of hop character as the Brett B took off. I have a pale ale with Motueka late addition now, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Back