Hard Kool Aid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfjhsb

Reaction score
Was going to make some hard Kool Aid for the wife and am wondering what kind of sugar I should use to boost the ABV? Corn sugar, table sugar, something else?

By hard Kool Aid I assume you mean something seltzer-like. I would recommend corn sugar. Some may say it makes no difference, but it's metabolically m oreexpensive for yeast to use table sugar (sucrose) than it is for them to use corn sugar (glucose).

I don't know if I'd really call it that or not. Basically, it's just Kool-Aid with some yeast stirred in. I allow it to ferment for about a month, just like beer or cider, and then bottle it. Sometimes I'll back-sweeten it with some Splenda depending on the taste. The alcohol doesn't get very high so was looking for a way to kick it up a notch.

I don't know if I'd really call it that or not. Basically, it's just Kool-Aid with some yeast stirred in. I allow it to ferment for about a month, just like beer or cider, and then bottle it. Sometimes I'll back-sweeten it with some Splenda depending on the taste. The alcohol doesn't get very high so was looking for a way to kick it up a notch.

Pour vodka into it

Back