Happy National Home Brew Day!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it already happened on 5/3. But I will celebrate today just the same! :mug:

I missed it, but will make it up this weekend🍻

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The official day is today, but we "celebrate" the Saturday before if applicable

I'm in a different country, so I'll hereby declare that today is international home brew day. I think I'll celebrate by having a bottle of home brew today.

Story checks out...

In 1988, May 7 was announced before Congress as National Homebrew Day. The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) created AHA Big Brew as an annual event to celebrate National Homebrew Day around the world. AHA Big Brew is held each year on the first Saturday in May.

Yes, Saturday, May 7th, 1988. I guess I figured it was more like Thanksgiving than Christmas with respect to what day it falls on. More days to celebrate is certainly more betterer, though. I will gladly raise a glass or two to celebrate this anniversary tonight.

Yes, Saturday, May 7th, 1988. I guess I figured it was more like Thanksgiving than Christmas with respect to what day it falls on. More days to celebrate is certainly more betterer, though. I will gladly raise a glass or two to celebrate this anniversary tonight.

Turn in your forum handle and go home you lose. :tank:

Happy Bday! :mug:

Mine was yesterday. Just turned 30.

I also brewed a 6 gallon batch on the 3rd.

Happy belated b-day! Just opened an imperial pilsner I bottled in January....ahhh gonna be a good day

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399493411.644610.jpg I'm celebrating with the first pour of Buckeye Porter (chocolate peanut butter porter). And it actually worked!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

i'll be celebrating when i get home! after the walk with the wife.

here is how i celebrated the pseudo day!
0503140952_zpsvzswcsjk.jpg

made 5 gallons of an oktoberfest

Since being turned on to homebrewing in July 2013, I have made the following:
Hefeweizen
ginger-orange ale
choc/sweet orange peel ale
scottish ale
heavy malt ale
belguim trippel
belguim trippel 2
blue berry wheat ale
pineapple ale
hefe weizen kicker 9.1
hershey syrup stout
sunny D ale
rice ale
nestle quick choc ale
sourapple/kiwi veggi smoothie ale
strawberry/banana smoothie ale
apple ale
limeade ale
lingonberry mullied mead-ok
sweet cherry cinnamon mead-tasted like good cough medicine
My version hefeweizen
Some were 5 gal,2.5 gal, and 1 gal batches. Just having fun with flavor and fermentation.

Back