Hank Is Wiser in Kansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howlinowl

Reaction score
Was checking out brewpubs in my old homestate of Kansas. Found this site for Hank Is Wiser.
http://www.hankiswiserbrewery.com/

Man, I'm wantin' to quit my job, move the hell out of Florida to a small town and start a brewery like ole Hank has.

Allan

I went and looked at the site.

I really liked their tap handles!

5z3u92x.jpg

Click on the brewing link. He's brewin' in kegs and serving out of corneys. God, I thought having my own brewpub would be outta my reach, but I got just about ever'thin' I need to do what Hank is doin'

Hey, I just tried out Hank is Wiser and I have to tell you the beer is excellent. The atmosphere is great. My wife and I were sitting at a table and the brewer (Hank's son) was working the bar and talking to me off and on the whole evening. He even let me try a beer they weren't yet officially serving. How awesome! Hank's wife is the waitress and is super friendly. It's just a cool, unique experience. Five stars!

Stopped in a few nights ago. This place is awesome! The beer is great (I didn't get to try the food), and these people know beer. They have an amazing selection. Hard to find beers including 5 years of Sam Adams Utopias, and stories that I wish were my own. I can't wait to go back!

Stopped in a few nights ago. This place is awesome! The beer is great (I didn't get to try the food), and these people know beer. They have an amazing selection. Hard to find beers including 5 years of Sam Adams Utopias, and stories that I wish were my own. I can't wait to go back!

What night were you in? I was in there last Friday night (7/20) celebrating my birthday! :rockin: Might've seen you there and didn't even know it.

Hank's is a great place. They're super friendly, have some great beers (their own and bottles), and the atmosphere is pretty awesome. I hate that its such a drive from my place, I pretty much have to make a whole night out of it but that's ok we make it a point to do it every few weeks :mug:

Actually, it was Friday the 20th! We were there from about 7:00 to 9:30 or so. We were sitting at the end of the bar near the coolers and right in front of the taps.

Just checking out this thread. I've been to Hankiswiser tons of times. Steve (Hank's son) is a friend of mine. What I like about the place is the homely feel. In addition, they serve other beers besides there own. I hate brewpubs that only serve the beer they make. I bet there Utopia collection is unsurpassed by no one. If you want to try it, they sell it per shot for like $12.

Steve makes a wide variety of beer but I think he excels in the IPA's.

If you make the journey to Cheney to try out HWB, tell Steve and Hank I said hi.

Yeah. I've been thinking of Hank's and Rob's World of Beers lately. I never thought I'd be itching to visit Wichita again. :)

Back