Hand pump line cleaner problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chigundo

Reaction score
I'm new to keg line cleaning.. I have a mason jar hand pump that I got as part of a bunch of other stuff.. it's basically this. My question is are these supposed to pump very easily? I have to pump it very very fast to build up enough pressure to push the solution through the line... so I'm thinking there's a leak or something somewhere?

I dunno about those things. Looks pretty flimsy. This might be easier. Next time you clean a keg, push your cleaning solution through the lines by hooking up the gas and beer lines on the keg. Then rinse the keg, sanitize the keg and push that through to flush out the cleaning solution. If you use Star-San you then can push it out with the beer from the next keg. Clean lines, with no mess.

Hard to believe they get $79 for that.

There's so little volume there it's no surprise you have to pump like crazy, even if there aren't any leaks.

Check out this thread. I built one of those and it's so much easier than using a keg. And no frantic pumping...

Cheers!

Back