hallucinogenic Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sacula

Reaction score
Im a newbie, Im on my 2nd batch. I have a dumb Question. I have About 2 oz of hallucinogenic mushrooms. These were Home grown (not found in the wild). What would happen If i chop them up and put them in my grain bag while steeping? I know that you can make tea. What about beer?
:drunk:

uhhh, don't you just want to be able to control the dose a little better than throwin em in a kettle??

popcorn.gif

I guess I'll add something productive. Lets assume adding the mushrooms will actually do something, how much water do you normally boil them in? Are you going to make a 5 gallon beer batch, would it be worth it to split them between 50 bottles of beer and drink them?

They are probably bad for the liver and kidneys so you throw alcohol in the mix and you may need a replacement. Then there I'd also the legal issues of shrooms. Don't forget if someone drank some and got sick you would be liable. All and all I Think it would be a bad idea

We don't talk about illegal things on this forum...what you want to do privately is one thing. But we like to keep our forum from being shut down, thank you very much. We respect Tx for setting this up, and we respect our hobby. And understand the fine line that we walk considering that it took 30 from prohibition til homebrewing was actually legalized in 1978...You probably weren't even a squirt of semen when that happened so you don't probably know why we care enough not to talk about stuff like this.

Better off making a tincture and adding it in liquid form. Keep it from light and oxidizing.

Glad I could help as long as this thread lasts. I probably shouldn't encourage it...

It would be fvking awesome, that's what. I guess.....

I would think the boil would kill of any effects. I don't know the legality of these mushrooms so I can't comment. but, I don't care what you do in your own home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back