Haier 5.0 cu. ft., anyone with prior experience?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsay

Reaction score
I am looking at getting the Haier 5.0 cu. ft. freezer for a new keg cooling setup. Does anyone have any inside pictures or experience of how many kegs this freezer will hold without a collar? I will eventually build a collar, but not until I'm ready to install taps. i imagine it being similar to the GE 5.0 cu. ft. in the sizing thread, but I want to be sure before i commit to it. I am looking at putting two kegs in it, plus a 5# CO2 tank and maybe some bottles to keep cold and not take up room in the main fridge. There is one available at my local Wal*Mart for $161.99.

I've read a lot of reviews of the "Haier" brand and almost all have been negative. Search amazon, epinions, yahoo, and consumersearch before buying it.

I went with the GE 5.0 because the deep part of the floor can easily hold 2 corny's with a 5# CO2 tank on the hump. It can also hold a 6.5 gallon carboy if I want to use it as a fermentation chamber. Also, GE is a well known and trusted brand. They make everything from freezers to jet engines.

$151.73 is what I paid for it at Sams Club. Are there any Sams Clubs near you? These are owned by Walmart.

My other option is the Holiday 6.8 from Lowes. My main problem is getting it to me, since I don't have a truck or anything. In-town from walmart would work ok, 40 minute drive on interstate from Lowes....well I'd better measure to make sure it'll fit.

Back